Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Painting two tone
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ledogboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject: Painting two tone Reply with quote

Hey all-

I am in the process of giving my van a two tone paint job (well... three, if you count the stripe at the belt line). I am wondering where the paint was broken up on the interior of the doors and wheel wells on the stock vans? Does anyone have a picture? I am thinking to just continue the two tone scheme through the lip of the door where it would be visible when opening, but not on the entire interior panel. Iím also thinking I would keep the part of the wheel arch inside the van near the passenger or driver seats the stock white, rather than carry the new blue color into that area. If anyone has pics or info into how this was done stock, I would be very appreciative! (Though I may do my own thing anyways... Laughing )
Some people call him Maurice...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Painting two tone Reply with quote

VW painted the entire body one color, then masked off to apply the second color.

Link

Fast-forward to about 5:30.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

2016 Golf GTI S
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction; the world will have a generation of idiots." ~Albert Einstein
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ledogboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Painting two tone Reply with quote

Rad video! Thanks so much, Kamz, that is a big help.
Some people call him Maurice...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: