Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What's wrong with the "Find a username" search function?
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject: What's wrong with the "Find a username" search function? Reply with quote

I can perform a search, use an asterisk as a wildcard, then the search function returns a set of results, which includes the specific user's name I'm searching for (which indicates that they are/were in fact a registered user at one time), and then select the radio button next to their name and click "Select," and then the dialogue pops up that says that username doesn't exist. Confused
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What's wrong with the "Find a username" search function? Reply with quote

On the Memberlist screen?

It works fine for me...

On the Memberlist screen, I:
Pressed Find a username
Find a username Box pops up
I entered everett* in the search box there
Pressed Search on that pop-up window
Picked my name EverettB
Pressed Select
Pop up closes, memberlist screen box is populated with EverettB
Press Look up User
Single search result come up with my memberlist entry

You say radio button though, is this on mobile?
I didn't try that.
On my computer it's a drop-down box of usernames to pick
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What's wrong with the "Find a username" search function? Reply with quote

Yes, this is on mobile, and it does have the drop down list, and within that list are radio buttons.

Okay, it works for me now, it was user error on me; I was thrown after clicking Select, you're right, the dialogue closes, and the full memberlist returns, to page 1, with Everett at the top. Where I got lost was failing to notice that my selected search result (the Username) then appears in the box in the upper right, and from there I can simply Look up User, as you defined above.

Thanks!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: