Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Electric Brands - eBussy
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject: Electric Brands - eBussy Reply with quote

New German concept vehicles. What do you think?

https://electricbrands.de/en/

Link
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HoboBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Brands - eBussy Reply with quote

I dig it. $18k for a base electric bus.

Sadly itll be another thing that the usa probably wont get.

Finally I see someone electric say that the recharging plan is "owners can pull in to a charging station and exchange their spent batteries for charged batteries."

Personally I think this is the best plan for mainstream electric vehicles. Require all vehicle makers to standardize to a universal battery pack, which can be swapped by Greasy Johnny the gas station attendant in 3 minutes with some kind of rolling cart. Then they recharge the battery and stock it for the next guy.

Each station has a stock of 20-30 batteries, or however many, and just charges and rotates the stock.

Just a beach-oriented camping Hobo with a bus.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Brands - eBussy Reply with quote

like a 10 mph mini-tram?
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Brands - eBussy Reply with quote

I think: vapor ware... they looking out for investors... but I think we will never see a prototype or at least a real product.

they do not have a factory or a real good selling product... they located in a small city without development or production staff.
The car looks like small and low weight solution and with only high speed of heavy trucks (max 56 mph - the old T2 with big engine 80 mph).

The T2 design is protected by Volkswagen - in the case of production in the form there will be a legal action.
The EB logo could be also cause lawsuits because it might be to similar to VW brand Ettore Bugatti EB.

There have been some real electric car products chrashed the last years in Germany with more personal power and real products e.g. for the big fleet of postal services etc.
1982 Eriba Pan travel trailer
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools

Last edited by rsbadura on Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Brands - eBussy Reply with quote

I assume this is a low speed neighborhood vehicle? I doubt the design could pass modern highway frontal crash safety tests.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Brands - eBussy Reply with quote

I love it! What a great design, inspired by the VW Type 2, and just as versatile.
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
badstuw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Brands - eBussy Reply with quote

Q-Dog wrote:
I assume this is a low speed neighborhood vehicle? I doubt the design could pass modern highway frontal crash safety tests.

Max speed 100km/h (62mph)... so just about as fast as a normal T2! Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: