Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bulli Brigade 27 - November 7th 2020 - Clearwater FL
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkennedy5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject: Bulli Brigade 27 - November 7th 2020 - Clearwater FL Reply with quote

Bulli Brigade 27 - The longest running split window bus show in the country.

Hoping this post finds each of you in good health. With Bulli Brigade 26 in the books, planning has been steady underway navigating the vast challenges our communities have been facing since the early months of 2020. With the uncertainties of international travel and Bulli Brigades strong support of local businesses, we are excited to be catching up with Bill Church and his amazing staff at Quaker Steak and Lube in Clearwater, Florida for Bulli Brigade 27.

Join in for a full weekend of Volkswagen related events to include the 18th running of the Rare and Unique Slam in Bradenton, FL, and the 32nd running of The Florida Bug Jam at Pasco County Fairgrounds.

Bulli Brigade 27

Where: Quaker Steak and Lube located at 10400 49th St N Clearwater, Florida 33762
When: November 7, 2020 from 8:00am – 2:00pm.

For more information about the show venue, follow the below link.

http://thelube.com/locations/florida/pinellas-park-clearwater/

Quaker Steak & Lube is located 17 miles from Fort De Soto Park Campground 3500 Pinellas Bayway S St. Petersburg, FL 33715 (727) 582-2100, and 9 miles from the St. Petersburg / Madeira Beach KOA.(5400 95th St N St. Petersburg, FL 33708 (797)392-2233.

Host Hotel: La Quinta Inns & Suites (5000 Lake Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33760. Telephone, 1-727-299-9800) Please mention Bulli Brigade. Quoted rate is $79 a night per manager, Jeff Baker.

Registration Fee: $10 Day of show

Commercial Vending Fee $40. Space limited to first come first served. (Vending a few parts out of your bus in the show area is free as always) The “Commercial” vending area will be located on the north end of Quaker Steak and Lube adjacent to the stage and outside bar area.

Spectator overflow parking will be located on the "Adjust-a-Brush" property across the street from show area.

*There will be a 50/50 raffle*
Proceeds will go to The Police Unity Tour (Non-profit 501c), a 250 mile benefit bicycle ride, supporting surviving spouses and children of Officers killed in the line of duty as well as helping maintain the National Police Memorial Wall in Washington DC.

Show categories: Best Camper, Best Commercial, Best Custom, Best Passenger, Best Vintage, Longest Distance, Hard Luck, and Promoters Choice Awards.

Please spread the word, drive safe, and we’ll see you in November unless the world shuts back down...

T-Shirt sales will be at approximately 10:30am

Awards will be at approximately 1:30pm

Any questions contact: Robert Kennedy 904-501-3586

Last edited by rkennedy5 on Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
rkennedy5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 25 drone photo Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 27 Reply with quote

Haven't missed a single BB since I first attended 18 years ago.
Best of luck with the event, Robert. I hope this stupid virus abates to where it's safer to attend. I'm planning to be there!

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rkennedy5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 27 - November 7th 2020 - Clearwater FL Reply with quote

Quote:
j.pickens

Haven't missed a single BB since I first attended 18 years ago.
Best of luck with the event, Robert. I hope this stupid virus abates to where it's safer to attend. I'm planning to be there!

Hoping so as well Pickens. One of our long time Florida resident attendees has suffered greatly with nearly every symptom of Covid and only recently begun to feel he's over it. I was assigned specifically to our first remote test site and have met hundreds of patients...to include co-workers and one of our judges. The junk is bad when it's bad for sure! Keep well sir and hoping for safer travel days ahead! -Robert
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 27 - November 7th 2020 - Clearwater FL Reply with quote

Awesome to see this post. The site is big enough to keep as scheduled and with good distancing. Regardless of the state of affairs with the virus. I will be there with my bus even if the official event is cancelled.

Good luck all.
scvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 27 - November 7th 2020 - Clearwater FL Reply with quote

Finally caught up with this thread and glad to see as of now the show is still a go. I am planning on being there.
SOUTHERN INTEGRITY AIRCOOLERS

WTB - Sigla popout glass like in my ad.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1667775
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 27 - November 7th 2020 - Clearwater FL Reply with quote

Very Happy

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!

Last edited by jbbugs on Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ezcamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 27 - November 7th 2020 - Clearwater FL Reply with quote

I'll be there! I think I only missed the 1st 2 years.... (I was 13 / 14 years old)
I make HWE style roof racks, Jim-Dandy racks, SO-33 metal parts, Dormobile racks, HWE style ladders, engine crank start handles, Westy rack tags, Binz tags, Sundial badges, State of California tags, steering lock electrical covers and single / double cab gate latch friction blocks.

instagram is http://instagram.com/bullidriversteelworks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 27 - November 7th 2020 - Clearwater FL Reply with quote

BUMP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulletBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 27 - November 7th 2020 - Clearwater FL Reply with quote

I'll be there for sure! I got a month to finish my daughter's 66. If I can pull it off, I will be riding with her in her bus.
ctroutma
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 27 - November 7th 2020 - Clearwater FL Reply with quote

Will be there from Atlanta.
rkennedy5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 27 - November 7th 2020 - Clearwater FL Reply with quote

Too early to start a countdown? I spoke with Quaker Steak and Lube owner yesterday and Bill is excited to have us back! He will have his crew there early for those who have enjoyed the breakfast he puts together each year. I'm looking forward to getting out, seeing, and catching up with everyone who's able to attend our 27th annual split window bus gathering. Continued good health to all and safe travels. See you in a few weeks! -RK
jjjjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 27 - November 7th 2020 - Clearwater FL Reply with quote

Time to get prepped Very Happy

Link

IG:j.stenner
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rkennedy5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 27 - November 7th 2020 - Clearwater FL Reply with quote

jjjjack wrote:

Link

THAT is how it’s done! Nice work Jack and thank you for the stellar time lapse.
don.ville Premium Member
Samba YardMan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 27 - November 7th 2020 - Clearwater FL Reply with quote

jjjjack wrote:

Link

Would you tell us more about that jack, Jack?

Did you drive over it?
How heavy? Brand? I see Atlas written on it.
Would you recommend?
Does it work on your lowest car?

67 Standard 11 window How I Keep My Bus Alive
04 Jetta TDI Page (SOLD)
01 Mexican Beetle Hello Kitty Rescue (SOLD)
29 Ford Model A Rat Rod (SOLD)
2015 Audi A8L TDI Quattro
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jjjjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 27 - November 7th 2020 - Clearwater FL Reply with quote

don.ville wrote:
Would you tell us more about that jack, Jack?

Did you drive over it?
How heavy? Brand? I see Atlas written on it.
Would you recommend?
Does it work on your lowest car?

Haha, sure. I got it a few years ago from Greg Smith Equipment. It’s an Atlas TD6MR. Runs on 110V, 6000lb capacity. I don’t have headroom in my garage so this works well for my situation. It’s easy to roll out into the driveway for use, and store in the garage, under a car, when I’m not using it. It's 1,000lbs, but the hydraulic/motor stand doubles as a cart to pull it around by a tang on one end. It’s less that 6" tall fully collapsed, so my 356 just clears. On the bus I use what they call "truck adapters" to reach up another 6" or so. Obviously, I'd prefer a permanently installed two or 4 post lift with full accessibility underneath, but it's good enough.

Overall, I love it. It has made a lot of jobs easier…getting too old to roll around on my back!

HTH Very Happy
IG:j.stenner
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 27 - November 7th 2020 - Clearwater FL Reply with quote

rkennedy5 wrote:
Too early to start a countdown? I spoke with Quaker Steak and Lube owner yesterday and Bill is excited to have us back! He will have his crew there early for those who have enjoyed the breakfast he puts together each year. I'm looking forward to getting out, seeing, and catching up with everyone who's able to attend our 27th annual split window bus gathering. Continued good health to all and safe travels. See you in a few weeks! -RK

I got several death threats for asking the question last time but who gives a rats. I’ll ask the question again. Any chance of being able to pre order shirts and event stuff? Also a couple of my favorite show shirts are starting to suffer the challenges of time so any chance of having a rerun of the more popular former show designs?
Schwing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 27 - November 7th 2020 - Clearwater FL Reply with quote

I will be there. Driving down from MD since I finished my truck this summer.

Single Cab - BBXXVII Long Distance Winner
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 27 - November 7th 2020 - Clearwater FL Reply with quote

Driving from upstate South Carolina. Counting down the days!!!!
SOUTHERN INTEGRITY AIRCOOLERS

WTB - Sigla popout glass like in my ad.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1667775
dirtylawnchair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 27 - November 7th 2020 - Clearwater FL Reply with quote

We will be at all 3 shows that weekend. Looking forward to Bulli Brigade 27!! Glad it is back at QS&L!!

Friday - Rare & Unique Slam in Bradenton
Saturday - Bulli, Bug Jam parade, HOTEL PARTY! Roadway Inn Wesley Chapel
Sunday - Bug Jam .. land of the stinger pipe and high idle dune buggy trike!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: