Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Thinking of making stickers. Need feedback.
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
CheapBusForSale
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject: Thinking of making stickers. Need feedback. Reply with quote

So I made this sticker for my bus last month which seems to become kind of a conversation piece with people on the street and was asked by one gentleman if I can make him one. So I thought I'd post this here as a feeler to see if anyone else would be interested in purchasing one since this is kind of a specialty sticker. So if you, or you know of someone who might interested please feel free to comment below so I get a rough idea of how many I should make which would be $4 each including shipping anywhere in the US. Thanks.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

finefettle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking of making stickers. Need feedback. Reply with quote

I don’t own a breadbox so I’m out. How about “load of bread”? Have fun with it.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking of making stickers. Need feedback. Reply with quote

or..out getting bread....in the box... Shocked
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking of making stickers. Need feedback. Reply with quote

Make sure you get your customers to agree not to copy them

Your lawyer can help draft a contract of adhesion.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking of making stickers. Need feedback. Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

Me thinks that lawyer will set you back more than the profits you will make selling 10 years worth of stickers could gain!
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Thinking of making stickers. Need feedback. Reply with quote

you could make some for the chevy guys... taking one from arnold...Istoleavega baby. Shocked Wink Rolling Eyes
would you like ketchup with this mus~turd?
and for the pinto guys... BBQ beans any body?
Mickey bitsko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Thinking of making stickers. Need feedback. Reply with quote

the flying brick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking of making stickers. Need feedback. Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

Great sentiment.....but not really possible. I work in the printing industry. Trust me...unless you have piles of money....you cannot prevent people from copying your work...sadly.

You can copy right it.....and its technically assumed to be if you are the original designer and have provenance of your creative process.

But in reality.....you cannot prevent anyone from copying it because:

A. If people are printing their own for their own single use...and gaining no income from sales.....nothing you can do. If I want to print my own....watahca gong to do? And....one can simply "lie" when questioned and say "hey I bough it from a guy at a show....don't remember who".

B. Its all about enforcement. If you see someone printing and selling your design....you can lawyer up and send cease and desist letters....but if they don't....you are going to court....and copyright cases are long , slow and costly. Do you have the money and is it worth it?

The big boys....like VW....are not just protecting somewhat generic typographical artwork like this. They are protecting their actual logo....corporate image...brand mark. And....they have big dollars behind it and WILL take you to court.

Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: