Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

912 at lowest position... I think... how to go lower?
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter - Belgium
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject: 912 at lowest position... I think... how to go lower? Reply with quote

looking at lowering the 912 about 5cm just to eliminate the gap I now still have above the top of the tire and the bottom of the wheelwell... but seems like the adjustment is already at the lowest setting?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

i understood the front is a bit like a T3 and I shouldbe able to trake it apart and rotate splines? but sofar I do not see immeadiately how to do?

What about the rear? Looks like not much there anymore so will be readjusting splines?

I checked the pelican parts site, but did not see clear pics explaining? Anyone that can guide me on what to do here?

Thanks!!
Peter
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: 912 at lowest position... I think... how to go lower? Reply with quote

This may help.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 912 at lowest position... I think... how to go lower? Reply with quote

take the weight off the car, remove the screw, remove the cap and reposition
Peter - Belgium
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: 912 at lowest position... I think... how to go lower? Reply with quote

Thanks for teh pics, really helpful!
now lets see if it makes more sense when I'm under the car:-)Smile
Peter - Belgium
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: 912 at lowest position... I think... how to go lower? Reply with quote

Managed to lower the 912 Wink thanks for the help!

Just one question still left.., the rearward part with the screw is really not foxed at all to the torsion bar? It just sildes over... and this is supposed to stay in postion like this? Seems bit strange? I would have expected some kind if locking? Now there is only a circlips at the end to prevent the toraion bar geom moving out, but the part itself is not locked in the bracket?

Thbaks!
PCHOutlaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 912 at lowest position... I think... how to go lower? Reply with quote

I’m sure this isn’t what you were asking, but... all the way to the floor!

tisius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: 912 at lowest position... I think... how to go lower? Reply with quote

PCHOutlaw wrote:
I’m sure this isn’t what you were asking, but... all the way to the floor!

Laughing Laughing

Ithink you're cheating, looks like a Volskwagen beam in front Wink
But supercool!!!
Did you put a full VW pan underneath?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PCHOutlaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 912 at lowest position... I think... how to go lower? Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes just a little cheating. Yes everything was rotted out, has a Ghia pan and lower structure blended into it.
tisius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: 912 at lowest position... I think... how to go lower? Reply with quote

PCHOutlaw wrote:
Rolling Eyes just a little cheating. Yes everything was rotted out, has a Ghia pan and lower structure blended into it.

That makes sense, well done!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: