Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Any good news out there? Let's start.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

Well my good news is that I got my second shot of the vaccine yesterday. Been feeling a little rocky since then but I do not care! Reaction to the second shot means the first one is working. Tremendous relief. Now my mission is to get my wife vaccinated since she is “just” 64.
Sun is out in my backyard. It is supposed to be 68° today, a gentle breeze, the birds are chirping and spring is just around the corner. For all we have endured over the last 11 months, hallelujah!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

good old Dolly sings 'vaccine, vaccine'

Link

and more health good news...
https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/gene-behind-third-cancers-identified-152901848.html

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

Does anyone wonder why we run out of good news too fast? Because there is way more bad shit going on than what people care to admit.

Can anyone say they are very happy right now? Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
Does anyone wonder why we run out of good news too fast? Because there is way more bad shit going on than what people care to admit.

Me.

My wife (noted above as not being qualified for a shot) did get her first shot a week ago.
We are heading to the Sierras tomorrow for the first time since October, 2020.
After my spouse's second shot in April we can plan trips to see our kids. They all live out of state. We have not seen them in over one year.

So right now I am really happy.

Yes there s bad stuff still going on. Look at the murders in Atlanta. Fact is we are finally moving forward.
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

My winter was difficult this year as I slipped on ice during our last storm and broke & dislocated my rib. The good news is after 4 weeks of sleeping in a chair I'm totally fine with it and I will be able to continue for another 4 weeks in a chair. Ribs are awful to heal so it basically sucked and I am hopeful I can turn some wrenches on my VW this summer as I was getting worried I would not be able to do much this summer.

Other good news, I received my first vaccine the Moderna 2 days ago and being an in- the-classroom school teacher with 80% of my kids remote I can make the kids feel more comfortable about returning to school. I can promote the vaccine as well as encouraging my students to help their family get on the list.
www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:

Yes and much of it has to do with what you surround yourself with. Listening to negative people, that would be all of AM radio which pumps out a message of hate and intolerance. Most of cable news networks who again tailor their content to specific audiences and is mostly opinion based. Then there is the good old Internet a Wild West of lies and rabbit holes. Facebook in particular where people go to complain and rave about things they have no control over while seeking approval from like minded strangers, it’s pathetic.

Even if you can navigate away from these things dragging you down there’s clinical depression brought on by environmental factors, maybe a toxic work environment of stress or a chemical imbalance within the brain which can be treated maybe.

It’s not all random though. Madison Avenue found out years ago that negativity sells. “If it bleeds it Leads” the bad news always comes first and the more you watch the more they feed you. So what can you do?

Do something nice, help a neighbor. If you see someone busting their ass working tell them you appreciate it and if appropriate tip them generously. Even a smile goes a long way.

Sounds trite but getting enough sleep, eating right, and doing the things we know promote health can lift our mental health, easier said than done I know.😀
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

First, wife got Covid vaccine, second got Suburban fixed, third fixed an old motion sensor light I was tinkering with and lastly, found an awesome breeder that has Belgian Malinois pups.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

Your first wife got a COVID vaccine shot, your second got her Suburban fixed, and your third fixed an old motion sensor light? Whoa... busy life. Good news you got a new dog, I guess Shocked
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
found an awesome breeder that has Belgian Malinois pups.

Mali's are BAD ASS !!! 195 PSI bite strength, super deep bark, highly sought after by Military & Law enforcement for there guarding ability, NOBODY is breaking into your house with a Belgian on duty.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

this caught my eye today...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-57362565

Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

finster wrote:
this caught my eye today...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-57362565

My town of birth!
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

Jacks wrote:
Your first wife got a COVID vaccine shot, your second got her Suburban fixed, and your third fixed an old motion sensor light? Whoa... busy life. Good news you got a new dog, I guess Shocked

I thought the breeder was wife number 4.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

My truck's Everstart 3-year replacement warranty battery went dead at 34 months, very average for Arizona heat. Even though I could not locate the receipt (very rare for me), Walmart scanned the UPC and the serial number and gave me a free replacement.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

Linda got her hot water heater/ tank working and has had her first hot shower of 2021.
2type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

GranpaJoe stimulated me with enough money to splurge on a new lawn tractor, so now I'm smiling while doing yardwork The wife likes thrift stores over big box stores so much she had me put a "Thrift Life" sticker on it.All the bills are paid.Beer in fridge.
My body, if it were a car, would have a bent rim, worn ball joints, cracked glass,dents, stuck in 3rd gear, loud gears and soft brakes..... but somehow starts every time and makes it there and back home!
So yeah.....right now, it's pretty sweet somehow.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

2type2 wrote:
GranpaJoe stimulated me with enough money to splurge on a new lawn tractor, so now I'm smiling while doing yardwork The wife likes thrift stores over big box stores so much she had me put a "Thrift Life" sticker on it.All the bills are paid.Beer in fridge.
My body, if it were a car, would have a bent rim, worn ball joints, cracked glass,dents, stuck in 3rd gear, loud gears and soft brakes..... but somehow starts every time and makes it there and back home!
So yeah.....right now, it's pretty sweet somehow.

And don't forget the backfiring engine. Laughing
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

My bad back feels like I've never ever had a bad back in my entire life. I need to remember this. I'm usually so busy I don't realize my bad back is OK.

This past winter I pulled a few discs once again shoveling snow, then slipped on ice and broke a few ribs. It was a long haul to get back to fully functioning condition. But for the last week after 6 weeks of chiropractor work I'm myself again. I feel like I'm in my 20's health wise and I'm grateful for this feeling.

Now is the time for me to pay this forward. Dancing
www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

something quintessentially british about this...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-58375401

LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

A 3 year old boy was found alive after being lost in the Australian bush for 3 days.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2021/09/...745589001/
www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Any good news out there? Let's start. Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:
A 3 year old boy was found alive after being lost in the Australian bush for 3 days.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2021/09/...745589001/

I read about that. That is truly great news!

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: