Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Engine Swap Noob here
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jpyzowski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject: Engine Swap Noob here Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

So i recently purchase an Avenger GT-12 body and a 73 Beetle pan. I'm going to put a subaru EJ25 in it. My question is what do most people do for the standard turn signals, brake lights and regular light wiring? Do you use the subaru or do you do VW and kind of merge the 2 harnesses together. I'm just trying to pre-plan how the wiring is going to work out. I will most likely ship the harness to Busaru but i was just not 100% sure on the regular running lights. What have you done?
eyetzr Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Swap Noob here Reply with quote

Run the engine wiring as a separate system. Tieing the 2 together is unnecessary.
The engine does not need to know if you are turning left.
The k.i.s.s. rule is best.
Jpyzowski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Swap Noob here Reply with quote

eyetzr wrote:
Run the engine wiring as a separate system. Tieing the 2 together is unnecessary.
The engine does not need to know if you are turning left.
The k.i.s.s. rule is best.

Thanks for the Reply - After much searching yesterday im going to just use a simple wiring harness for the lights and separate the subaru one for the engine harness. Thanks again, This just confirmed my theory. Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: