Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Type IV Porsche 914 head and intake questions
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Racerx999
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject: Type IV Porsche 914 head and intake questions Reply with quote

When building a performance 914 Type 4 engine I see heads that are sold with stage 2 and 3 porting and larger valves but I never see anything about port matched intake manifolds for the intakes on the dual Weber carbs. Help me understand if the intake ports are enlarged why aren't the intake manifolds match ported? I see that there isn't much meat available to open the typical dual carb intakes. Help me understand how this works.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Type IV Porsche 914 head and intake questions Reply with quote

for ultimate performance intake id and shape must always match the intake port of the head
Racerx999
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Type IV Porsche 914 head and intake questions Reply with quote

For what it is worth the companies that sell performance type 4 heads , AA performance and HAM do sell intake manifolds that are port matched exactly to the shape of the head's port. See the Pics of the AA performance 48/38 stage 2 ported heads and matching manifolds. The manifolds & heads came marked to match them up. The heads are going on a 2.8 L build that should be finished in the next few days.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: