Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lending Parts and not Getting Them Back
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Lending Parts and not Getting Them Back Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:
If he’s right handed maybe cut of that hand. That will teach him.

Shocked this aint Saudia Arabia. In this country, we dont chop off your fingers for stealing. or your dick for rape.

Ummm, I think they stone the woman to death instead.
Or send her to prison.

Seems it's a crime to be attractive there. On the other hand, here it's ok to advertise without any intention of delivering the goods, hmmm?

The human condition seems to be to embrace extremes.

Thread is totally derailed now!
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Lending Parts and not Getting Them Back Reply with quote

It’s much better to shut your keyboard off when posting about cultures and countries that one has not visited (airports don’t count) as opposed to showing ignorance.

I fill about three passports a year with travel visas and th eonly certainty is that our understanding of other cultures is very, very poor, mine included
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Lending Parts and not Getting Them Back Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Shocked this aint Saudia Arabia. In this country, we dont chop off your fingers for stealing. or your dick for rape.

Or send her to prison.

Seems it's a crime to be attractive there. On the other hand, here it's ok to advertise without any intention of delivering the goods, hmmm?

The human condition seems to be to embrace extremes.

Thread is totally derailed now!

Humor never has worked here as some are a tad slow, they take everything seriously 😀 so after 4 pages of navel gazing and hand wringing you are left with humor, that’s all here’s the real deal on stoning 😀 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm-po_FUmvM
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Lending Parts and not Getting Them Back Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Or send her to prison.

Seems it's a crime to be attractive there.

Rape isn't about being attractive.

Quote:
On the other hand, here it's ok to advertise without any intention of delivering the goods, hmmm?

What in the actual fuck.
You have no rights to anything just because you see something you like.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Lending Parts and not Getting Them Back Reply with quote

The shit i start. Priceless Popcorn umm i mean terrible. terrible. apologies. Laughing You asked for a change in subject. here it is Shocked

No but for reals i apologiez for starting shit. That wasnt the goal
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Floating VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Lending Parts and not Getting Them Back Reply with quote

Wow, you know a thread is really cookin' when Everett starts dropping the "F" bomb!

It really isn't a big deal. As mentioned, the part wasn't a really valuable one, and to be honest, I probably behaved the same way when I was that kid's age (late teens, early twenties). And back then, we didn't even have social media to blame our bad behavior on! No, he didn't offer to pay me for it, in fact, when I brought it up, all I heard was crickets. And that's fine, too; my main motivation for bringing it up in the first place was just to let the kid know that he'd screwed up a little- who knows, maybe it'll be a good "life lesson" for him.

I actually like it when my threads get derailed and go off on some wacky tangent. Adds a little spice to my day, so, derail away!

Abscate wrote:
. . . I fill about three passports a year with travel visas and the only certainty is that our understanding of other cultures is very, very poor, mine included

Very true. I've filled a few passports myself over the years, even been an illegal immigrant a time or two. Different cultures can be hard to understand sometimes, but in all of my travels, I have to say that the people who make up those cultures aren't hard to understand, at all. We all basically want the same things out of life, the only difference is in how we go about getting it. If I want a little milk in my tea, well so does the guy in India and so does the guy in Outer Mongolia. The only difference is that I get my milk from a cow, the guy in India gets his from a goat and the Mongolian has to go milk a yak.
Floating VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Lending Parts and not Getting Them Back Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
I guess now all you can do is follow him on your bmx bike- yelling, "I want my 2 dollars!" Whip out your switchblade comb and really scare him. . .

Classic movie, by the way.
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Lending Parts and not Getting Them Back Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

What in the actual fuck.

WHOAH

Everett dropped the F bomb!!! Shocked

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Lending Parts and not Getting Them Back Reply with quote

Lingwendil wrote:
EverettB wrote:

What in the actual fuck.

WHOAH

Everett dropped the F bomb!!! Shocked

yeah, I like this Everett more Very Happy More realistic if thats the correct word. Not everything has to be professional. I mean, its not like this is a business. Shocked Very Happy
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Lending Parts and not Getting Them Back Reply with quote

All sides need to regroup and get stoned. Very Happy
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: Lending Parts and not Getting Them Back Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
oprn wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Or send her to prison.

Seems it's a crime to be attractive there.

Rape isn't about being attractive.

Quote:
On the other hand, here it's ok to advertise without any intention of delivering the goods, hmmm?

What in the actual fuck.
You have no rights to anything just because you see something you like.

EverettB, I apologize for not expressing my thoughts clearly here. You are absolutely right! In a perfect world with perfect people a woman would be able to walk undisturbed down a dark alley buck naked at any time of the day or day of the week she wants. Does that world exist?

What I intended to bring to light here is the two extremes between some eastern cultures and our western one.

In some of those eastern cultures it is illegal for anything more than a woman's eyes to be on public display punishable by prison or death. This puts all the blame on the woman if anything untoward happens. That is where my comment about it being a crime to be attractive came from.

I do not agree with this.

By contrast our western culture teaches women to display their sexuality in as blatant a manor as you can get away with. Take a serious look at the entertainment and fashion industries that drives what women wear and how they conduct themselves in public. It teaches them from an early age to walk the tight rope of decency. The result in the extreme is pre-teen kids showing up at school functions in apparel more fitting to a lady of the night. Shocked Then you look around the school gym and her mother is dressed the same way or... worse! Rolling Eyes People in the crowd after the event are uncomfortable around the mother! Nowhere to rest your eyes below ceiling level! Everything is hanging out in the wind on display! This is just one of many examples in public places.

I don't agree with this either.

This is akin in my view to jumping the guard rails at the Grand Canyon and strutting about with an "I'm invincible, don't need this junk!" attitude or stopping to feed the bears in the national parks to get a good selfie! Riding your Crotch Rocket at 100 mph through downtown New York. Ya, you might get away with it... this time...

So for the ladies that like to walk this tightrope of decency, it's not a perfect world full of perfect people. Deep down 100% of red blooded males are attracted to what they see. 99.9% of guys will not touch you. 98% of guys will not make inappropriate comments but some guy somewhere could just slip a bit and check to see whether or not the message you are sending them is genuine!

These are the two extremes I was pointing out and that is what I meant with the "advertising" comment. Somewhere in the middle a woman should be able to be attractive in public without looking cheap and for sale.

Better?
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: Lending Parts and not Getting Them Back Reply with quote

Not really. Rape is a crime of violence and is not driven by visual appearances.
Big Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Lending Parts and not Getting Them Back Reply with quote

Where is that little Thread Padlock when you really need it??
AutoMechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Lending Parts and not Getting Them Back Reply with quote

I’d see about finding him and getting the parts back. That would bother me so much that I would have to find him.
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Lending Parts and not Getting Them Back Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
All sides need to regroup and get stoned. Very Happy

This is the best advice ive heard all day!

56 Beetle - Wilbur. I found a lot of lipstick on this pig so far.
63 Beetle - Luna
66 13 window Bus - Tetanus
71 Bay Window - Lola. Totaled.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: