Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Westfalia full camping Interior cabinet wiring loom help
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
scooby split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject: Westfalia full camping Interior cabinet wiring loom help Reply with quote

Hi folks I've been lucky enough to get the interior from a 1987 westfalia joker to fit in my tin top bus all the cabinets are in now but I can't remember were all the wires go on the camping Interior for the fresh water pump cooker ect I have removed the fridge as I have a snomaster chest type fridge instead, I did help remove everything from the old van I have the full loom with the relay but its took me so long to get it fitted in my bus I'm not sure what colour wire goes were the only plug I can see that is obvious is the battery and water level panel on the front of the cooker so if any one can post any pictures or diagrams or any other info that would help it would be most appreciated
Regards phil
shadetreemech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia full camping Interior cabinet wireing loom help Reply with quote

Out of the Bentley:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Happy Trails,

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scooby split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia full camping Interior cabinet wireing loom help Reply with quote

Hi shadetreemech,
Thanks for the info I do have the Bentley book I missed that one thanks
If any one has any pictures of the connections under the cooker cabinet and that cabinet next to the water tank that could be very useful too ! what was that little door for did that cabinet have a specific purpose ?
Also I'm trying to work out how to fit 5 inch speakers in to the overhead locker I have removed the plastic speaker covers and now removed the speakers from them I'm hopefully going to try and put the plastic covers back in for that factory look I'm thinking of setting the new speakers back a little so any help or pictures if you guys have done it before would be great
Cheers phil
Westified
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia full camping Interior cabinet wireing loom help Reply with quote

Hope these help. Do you have the relay figured out?

Brad
scooby split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia full camping Interior cabinet wireing loom help Reply with quote

Hi Brad,
thanks for the pictures that will help me puzzle out quite a few wires more, I noticed there's 2 wires on each connection on the water tank so I will get my loom out tomorrow and try and match it up, my bus is a double door so it's easy to get to the back of the cabinets, obviously I can't have the exterior water and electric points on the door but it's easy enough just to open the door at the back of the cabinets to fill the water tank I'm getting a rubber bung for the end of the filler pipe my external electric hookup is on the opposite side rear wheel arch or fender so I'm going to extend the wires to reach the little fuse box thing, I'm not totally sure if the relay is correct two of the pins have no wires on them I seem to have two lose red wires but I'm not sure if they go in the relay or the tap or forcet as you might call it and is there a spark igniter for the gas cooker or do you just use a cigaret lighter on it ?
Any way thanks for the pictures I did manage to fit my big speakers today after making a spacer I could refit the stock plastic covers to the front with double sided tape to hopefully keep them in place so it's been a successful day in that respect
Thanks for every ones help
Cheers phil
Westified
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia full camping Interior cabinet wireing loom help Reply with quote

I light my stove with a bic lighter. There is no built in lighter for the westy stove. I will see if I have anymore photos for the kitchen wiring. There are 2 yellow wires that plug into 2 blue wires going up to the faucet.
Brad
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: