Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2.1 MV rebuild
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.1 MV rebuild Reply with quote

Is that a DPX2 rear shock? How do you like it and can you compare it to the DPS? What trails did you ride?

I'm glad your engine rebuild is a success and the driving went smoothly!
jberger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.1 MV rebuild Reply with quote

4Gears4Tires wrote:
Is that a DPX2 rear shock? How do you like it and can you compare it to the DPS? What trails did you ride?

I'm glad your engine rebuild is a success and the driving went smoothly!

I'd recommend the X2, infinite high and low speed compression and rebound damping adjustability, takes time to set up but is amazing.

J
90weekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: 2.1 MV rebuild Reply with quote

My sons' blue YT Capra has the DPS and my Silver YT Jeffsy in the backgrond has the DPS2. On the fly lock-out adjustment lever on the DPS2 is a little easier to operate then the adjuster wheel on the DPS. I nearly crash everytime I use the wheel.

I've only has the Jeffey for a couple months so it's still on tubed tires...The Capra is tubeless with lower air pressures and MUCH better high frequency compliance...So it's not really fair to compare them until they are both tubeless.

I can say with 180mm travel front and rear, the Capra is planted no matter what crazy line you ride. The Jeffsy requires more thoughtful line selection and weight distribution...which I enjoy.
90weekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: 2.1 MV rebuild Reply with quote

Seperatly...Anyone have experience with a Vanagon in Chaco Canyon?

Planning a trip...and would love some insight from people who driven their westies there and lived to tell about it. The last 20 miles look like dirt and could fry my Bilstien Super XDs.
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: 2.1 MV rebuild Reply with quote

Thanks for the thoughts.

I know I have seen Chaco Canyon pics here. I'd bet it was either in the Sanchius and Tuna ride again or one of Kamz' trip reports.
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.1 MV rebuild Reply with quote

Great news on the rebuild success - congrats!

Thx for sharing the Zion pictures as well - its definitely on the post-COVID-borders-opened bucket list however this trip to Utah and will be with a new Subie EJ25, so hoping for similar success.

With respect to Chaco, I have never been but its also on my list after reading ShadeTree's trip reports linked as follows:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...ight=chaco

Also, hats off to Shadetree for taking the time to document his travels - great work!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Jump to:
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: