Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wiper question
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texn1995
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject: Wiper question Reply with quote

So I ordered wiper replacement blades from the Thing Shop and put them into the blades. Run them and they are to long. They hit the top of the windscreen.

Anyone know what I need to get? I don’t want to order more and have them not fit.

Thanks,
Thing Rookie
Semper_Dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiper question Reply with quote

Thing Shop only sells items made for the 181 so it's highly unlikely that they are incorrect (possibly, but unlikely). More likely you have the incorrect arms. Which plades are we talking about? Just how "too long" are they? A photo would help immensely.

These?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

or these?

Texn1995
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiper question Reply with quote

So it was a replacement blade that I ordered from them. The wiper is more like the bottom pic. I will try to upload a pic.
Texn1995
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiper question Reply with quote

[/img]
Semper_Dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiper question Reply with quote

Texn1995 wrote:

[/img]

I think the problem lies with that blade to arm connector. I think the arms need to be modified or shortened (cringe Crying or Very sad )in order to use that Shepard's hook style connector. Better to use the correct connector. Should have a thumb screw.

Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Wiper question Reply with quote

With minor effort I made these fit on mine. Depending on the manufacturer of the blades I can use either a 10" or 11" blade. I can gets the blades from my FLAPS

Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiper question Reply with quote

texn1995, It looks like the blades you have are Bosch units that have been fitted to the arms. Thats why the refills from TTS is not working.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: