Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Original VW Turn Signal housing Cover with WW Assembly
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spitty1974
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject: Original VW Turn Signal housing Cover with WW Assembly Reply with quote

I was wondering, has anyone bought a new Wolfsburg West turn signal switch assembly and used it with an original VW cover? Wondering if they are compatible?

I have an original cover that was painted in Silver beige along with the other cab parts that need to be in the same color, but I need to replace the inside mechanism and arm, mine is beyond roached.

Wondering if the WW repop unit will work with an original cover, anyone ever done this?

I'm wanting to retain the original cover, but use the new parts inside of it. I guess in the end, I will have to buy and see if it works. If it doesn't, I'll have to paint the repop cover to match what I've already painted.

Thanks for any help you may provide to me.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Original VW Turn Signal housing Cover with WW Assembly Reply with quote

What year is your bus?

Standing by as I'm curious about this mod as well for my '66

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Spitty1974
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Original VW Turn Signal housing Cover with WW Assembly Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
What year is your bus?

Standing by as I'm curious about this mod as well for my '66

My bus is a 1966 too.....I'll let you know once it comes in, and I see if the two pieces will work together.
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Original VW Turn Signal housing Cover with WW Assembly Reply with quote

Which switch type?

The six wire switch fits inside an original housing.

I changed the switch in my Single Cab and used a WW six wire switch. That switch comes with a beige cover but VW commercial vehicles had black switch covers. I reused my original black cover. It fits fine.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Spitty1974
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Original VW Turn Signal housing Cover with WW Assembly Reply with quote

Who.Me? wrote:
Which switch type?

I changed the switch in my Single Cab and used a WW six wire switch. That switch comes with a beige cover but VW commercial vehicles had black switch covers. I reused my original black cover. It fits fine.

This is the one I would use, what do you think?

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=211953513F
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Original VW Turn Signal housing Cover with WW Assembly Reply with quote

please work please work please work... Pray

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Spitty1974
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Original VW Turn Signal housing Cover with WW Assembly Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
please work please work please work... Pray

I'll let you know in the next week when it comes in, and I see if they work together.
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Original VW Turn Signal housing Cover with WW Assembly Reply with quote

Spitty1974 wrote:
Who.Me? wrote:
Which switch type?

This is the one I would use, what do you think?

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=211953513F

Different switch to the type I used, but the housing looks the same.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Spitty1974
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Original VW Turn Signal housing Cover with WW Assembly Reply with quote

I talked to Sean at WW, and he said he did this exact thing to his bus. He used the WW inside parts and retained the original outside stock cover.

I asked if they had any different colored knobs, since it comes with a black one, and I need it to be a different color. He said no, but that he painted the black one to match his other knobs.

I'll add some pictures once it comes in and I confirm it will work.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: