Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sforza209
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner Reply with quote

It has been 16 years since I used to be a dumb kid posting stupid idiotic questions on The Samba! I haven’t owned a classic VW in about 14 years. But now I’m finally at that age (31) where I am feeling nostalgic and have a tiny bit of money to burn! Back before I could drive I owned a project 1967 type 1. The only good thing about that bug was that it could run and drive. Sold that one and purchased a 1963 type 1 that was ready to enjoy! It was a beautiful pastel blue and ready to make my own. Long story short I grew up a bit and wanted a reliable and safer car. I have always regretted selling that car. The part I missed The most was being able to wrench on her. A few years ago I purchased a 2011 VW GTI, which I still own til this day. It’s just a weekend project car but I’ve put a lot of time and money in modding the car to make it my own. But to be honest, it’s a major pain In the ass working on modern cars! The pure simplicity of classic vw’s made it a joy to work on! I am on the hunt for the perfect classic bug, and I know exactly what I want (or prefer)! A type 1, from 1958-1959 big window, a ragtop preferably, darker shade in color, interior doesn’t matter much because I’ll be adding a bunch or period accessories and parts. RHD would be an all time dream but that is really pushing it! But can’t we hope! What I am so shocked about seeing is the prices these classic vw’s are now being sold for! It blew my mind once I finally came back to Thesamba.com classifieds just XIII curiously looking. Back when I owned my bugs you could get a pre-67 bug with nice paint, interior, mechanically sound for under 10k all day long! Now it’s double, double and a half that! But I guess that’s good for our hobby! These are the bugs I am now looking to go check out in person.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2420089

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2419617

This is a picture of the vw’s I used I own. Sorry for the quality of the pic. It’s the only one I have on my phone atm.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks for reading my introduction back into the community! And wish me luck on purchasing the perfect classic beetle! I’m just glad to be back!

-Giancarlo

Previous
1963 VW Type 1
1967 VW Type 1
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner Reply with quote

Welcome back Very Happy
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner Reply with quote

Explain to me if you would, what is the attraction to the right hand drive all about? We own at the moment 2 RHD cars for my wife to use at work to plug mail boxes. She doesn't have to get out on the traffic side to do her job is the reason for them. Otherwise they are a bit of a pain in the butt!
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
Explain to me if you would, what is the attraction to the right hand drive all about? We own at the moment 2 RHD cars for my wife to use at work to plug mail boxes. She doesn't have to get out on the traffic side to do her job is the reason for them. Otherwise they are a bit of a pain in the butt!

A few years ago I owned a MGTD with RHD.
It was fun to drive. The best part was it scared the crap out of the passenger who sat there helplessly facing oncoming traffic. Laughing
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
The best part was it scared the crap out of the passenger who sat there helplessly facing oncoming traffic. Laughing

Smile Love it.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner Reply with quote

are you still an idgeitt.??not that I mind, but some people never learn.... Wink Rolling Eyes
Sforza209
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner Reply with quote

Thank you Zundfolge1432!

oprn, the attraction to RHD in America is because it’s a novelty! Everyone is used to LHD, so to see a RHD vehicle is just cool! Especially when giving people a ride!

mark tucker, and I guess I’ll leave that up to the other members on this forum to decide because my opinion would be a bit biased! But let me tell you what, I got really lucky and was able to guess the login credentials to my previous samba account and holy hell, I was reading through my previous post. I cannot believe that was me that wrote them. It’s so embarrassing that I will not give out my old user name!! Lol

Previous
1963 VW Type 1
1967 VW Type 1
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
oprn wrote:

A few years ago I owned a MGTD with RHD.
It was fun to drive. The best part was it scared the crap out of the passenger who sat there helplessly facing oncoming traffic. Laughing

You can scare other drivers, too.

Link
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
iowegian wrote:
The best part was it scared the crap out of the passenger who sat there helplessly facing oncoming traffic. Laughing

Smile Love it.

And that is the honest-to-God truth! I have gotten used to it (except for meeting big trucks that is!) but it still scares the crap out of my wife when she sits there and I drive!

Seeing to pass is a bugger but you won't be doing that in a Beetle anyway. Watch those left hand turns at busy intersections. They are a killer! We found parts are a problem. As soon as it comes up as a right hand drive 99% of parts guys throw up thier hands and refuse to help you - with any part of the car! Oh and insurance companies will charge you double and refuse to put collision coverage on the policy.

Otherwise all is good.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner Reply with quote

Welcome back!

Sforza209 wrote:
I got really lucky and was able to guess the login credentials to my previous samba account and holy hell, I was reading through my previous post. I cannot believe that was me that wrote them. It’s so embarrassing that I will not give out my old user name!! Lol

This is one thing good about being a little older - Some of the dumb ass crap I posted online or did in real life was never recorded forever.

Nice GTI too!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner Reply with quote

oh I sea. thats how you are gonna bee.....in cog neeto.... well welcome none the less. time heals all wounds...NOT!!! good luck with your cars and have fun too!!
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner Reply with quote

Welcome back, a couple of good choices you have there, I was lusting after the black one myself. Maybe I will eventually run into you as my son and grandson now live in Tracy, and being retired, we are there from time to time. Cliff W. in western Pa.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sforza209
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Welcome back, a couple of good choices you have there, I was lusting after the black one myself. Maybe I will eventually run into you as my son and grandson now live in Tracy, and being retired, we are there from time to time. Cliff W. in western Pa.

You live in the east coast now?

Previous
1963 VW Type 1
1967 VW Type 1
Sforza209
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner Reply with quote

Well guys, I just missed out on a beautiful 58 rag!! The guy was asking $19,000. I was speaking to him on the phone and knew he was going to meet a potential buyer. Before I could tell him I’d send him a deposit and to plz contact me before you make a sale his phone died. Unfortunately, he sold this beauty of a car for $12,700!! I couldn’t believe my ears! I was ready to pay $16,000!!! I’m actually really upset bout this. And to think I could of had this car for under 13k?!?! Yes, 2020 just got way worse for me!!! ARRRGGGH!!

This is the car.

Previous
1963 VW Type 1
1967 VW Type 1
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner Reply with quote

You didn’t miss anything worth 12k
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner Reply with quote

Sforza209 wrote:

Shocked humana humana Drool

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner Reply with quote

a beter one will come along.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Welcome back, a couple of good choices you have there, I was lusting after the black one myself.

thats one deadly ass sin Laughing
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Previous Samba Forum idiot kid to prospecting beetle owner Reply with quote

To your question, we have always been on the east coast, after the military my son married a girl from Fremont, they lived there a few years, then moved to Tracy to get a little more space.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: