Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

any one ever use atemis alum. push rods
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

hi i picked these up .i have never used them there alum push rods made by atemis there made in brazil sold by pacific .i want to use them in my motor build but dont want to use them if there junk thanks spencerfvee
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

Those are just the same as stock pushrods. Ok if you keep the valve lift below .4" you could run something like a webcam 118 with them but not more. It's about the tip!
Dan Ruddock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

What is the O.D. ?
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

Dan Ruddock wrote:
What is the O.D. ?
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................355 thousand
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RickS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

spencerfvee wrote:
Dan Ruddock wrote:
What is the O.D. ?
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................355 thousand

Why all the periods before your responses to questions? I noticed this on a couple of your threads.
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

RickS wrote:
spencerfvee wrote:
Dan Ruddock wrote:
What is the O.D. ?

Why all the periods before your responses to questions? I noticed this on a couple of your threads.
...because a lot of the time it blends in with the posters reply . spencerfvee
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

are the tips hardened? can you compare the weights with a OE push rod?
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

Just monitor them every week, and be aware of any changes in power or sound. After a few weeks of periodic lash checks, you should be confident that they won't mushroom.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

I always under cut that type of end so you dont get any binding. they are probably good for stock to very mild application. or until they arnt...
UK Luke 72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

RickS wrote:
spencerfvee wrote:
Dan Ruddock wrote:
What is the O.D. ?

I never bother to read them.
RickS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

UK Luke 72 wrote:
RickS wrote:
spencerfvee wrote:
Dan Ruddock wrote:
What is the O.D. ?

I never bother to read them.

The responses or the periods? I find it distracting, but to each his own. Very Happy
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

RickS wrote:
spencerfvee wrote:
Dan Ruddock wrote:
What is the O.D. ?

After a while you don't even see it anymore.

Same as how after a while you don't even notice Mark Tucker's spellen or fonnics anymore Very Happy

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

I've got the manton aluminum dual tapered cut-to-length pushrods collecting dust. went with chromoly instead.
Dan Ruddock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

Dauz wrote:
I've got the manton aluminum dual tapered cut-to-length pushrods collecting dust. went with chromoly instead.

What is the middle and end size on them?
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

Dan Ruddock wrote:
Dauz wrote:

What is the middle and end size on them?

3/8" tapered to 11/32"
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

thanks for the info i will go with the chromoly push rods .there going in my ralley race car . even though i am only useing a engle w90 cheater cam with high rev single springs .

74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

Great paint job!
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

74 Thing wrote:
Great paint job!
....................................................thanks .but i must tell you this car is a rat rod ralley bug .i wanted it to look like a barn find so i painted it with rust-oleum spray can paint . it does have the old look of a barn find bug look its just a fun build some thing i can drive to wall mart and not worrie about it getting dented in the parking lot spencerfvee .
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

hmm that wale tail should help pull the heat out of the engine compartment!!!
Ohio Tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: any one ever use atemis alum. push rods Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
hmm that wale tail should help pull the heat out of the engine compartment!!!
............................................................................................................................................Mark, you (and others) should lay off Spencervee. He's been building HiPo VW's since before you were a baby.
Nicest guy in the world and does what he wants. Doesn't care what you think about it.

Jack builds cars for the fun of it, and sells them for profit for as long as I know known him. Locals love him.

He knows what works and what doesn't.... Took me under his wing years ago to teach me how to drag race..

BTW, thanks for your Service Jack... Hats off to you....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: