Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vintage Speed Porsche style oil filler/ breather
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dubnut62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:49 am    Post subject: Vintage Speed Porsche style oil filler/ breather Reply with quote

Hi, is anyone running the VS stainless steel oil filler/ breather with the Wolfsburg West okrasa kit? Does it clear the original style linkage that comes with the WW kit? I'm thinking of fitting one but looking at the space on my setup, I've only got a few centimetres spare.
Thanks,
George
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Speed Porsche style oil filler/ breather Reply with quote

Also curious. George, did you try it?
dubnut62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Speed Porsche style oil filler/ breather Reply with quote

No, not yet, but it's been ordered. Delivery time to the UK is 8 to 10 weeks I've been told by my parts supplier.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Speed Porsche style oil filler/ breather Reply with quote

dubnut62 wrote:
No, not yet, but it's been ordered. Delivery time to the UK is 8 to 10 weeks I've been told by my parts supplier.

Did you ever receive the oil filler from Vintage Speed?
dubnut62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Speed Porsche style oil filler/ breather Reply with quote

Chased it last week with my parts supplier. Theres problems with getting shipments from Taiwan and China I've been told, so still waiting
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Speed Porsche style oil filler/ breather Reply with quote

dubnut62 wrote:
Chased it last week with my parts supplier. Theres problems with getting shipments from Taiwan and China I've been told, so still waiting

Yikes! Was waiting to hear your impression on fit and attachment but with such long shipping times I think I'll just order one.
dubnut62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Speed Porsche style oil filler/ breather Reply with quote

I know, its frustrating but I chose to order with a UK parts supplier rather than direct from VS. Didn't want to risk it getting damaged in transit as they're not cheap!
sdinges
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Speed Porsche style oil filler/ breather Reply with quote

Any updates?! Would like to see pics? I am thinking of getting one too but am unsure if it will clear my hex bar.
dubnut62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Speed Porsche style oil filler/ breather Reply with quote

Ended up cancelling my order and ordering direct from VS. I'm hopeful that I'll get it in the next few weeks
dubnut62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Speed Porsche style oil filler/ breather Reply with quote

So if finally arrived. Well packaged and fitted in minutes. It fits, just. Slight rubbing on the linkage but I'll do some clearancing at the weekend. So if you are using the WW Okrasa kit with the original style linkage you should be ok.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

SteveW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Speed Porsche style oil filler/ breather Reply with quote

That looks great!
dubnut62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Speed Porsche style oil filler/ breather Reply with quote

SteveW wrote:
That looks great!

Thanks Steve Very Happy
Your TDE equipped 61 is pretty cool too Cool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Speed Porsche style oil filler/ breather Reply with quote

Just mounted mine. Decided to polish the cap.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: