Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeyCrutch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Started a cabinet facing upgrade project today. Will do the wardrobe doors and a couple of the walls arounds the cabinets next round.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
VWinny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Not in a day But:

2 years in the making. Rebuilt engine, couldn't get clutch aligned, sat in the shop for a year. got it back and driving super stoked!!!

Rebuilt entire engine, honed cylinders new everything! Running like a top.

Made a cool roof rack for my boards!

all new interior Cedar LVP, fridge etc

Torsion bar leveled

!
VWinny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Customer interior lvp, cedar and new three way non venting fridge, made storage space from extra room
VWinny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

ripped off all the unnecesary emissions garbage from my engine!!!

All this does is recirculate exhaust gas into the engine, who wants to do that??
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

VWinny wrote:

All this does is recirculate exhaust gas into the engine, who wants to do that??

Actually, that's not all it does. EGR is actually a helpful strategy for more than just emissions. It helps keep combustion temperatures down, and increases thermal efficiency a bit, it can also prolong engine and exhaust system life by lowering peak temperatures a bit. I would only remove it if I could no longer source parts.

The SAI system (fan and related components) helps light off the catalyst more quickly, which keeps the exhaust system hotter (and dryer) if you happen to run short trips. It also reduces emissions and is a good thing. Deleting this has less harmful effects, but still, if it works, why not keep it? Stinky exhaust is unpleasant and bad for the air.
weyax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

VolksVelo wrote:
Mon Dieu, weyax! Is it the Velo Solex in the back? Still rideable? It's the very first motorized bike I had the chance to practice on many years ago but gave up after numerous crashes. Last time I saw one in Paris about 15 years ago but it looked abandoned.

Sorry for the late answer: Yes still fit and powerful....but I even use big blocks sometimes Very Happy

Salut
HeyCrutch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Re-Colored the Norcold fridge and side panel using SEM satin black dye. Used a heat gun to fix the warped 110 outlet while I was at it.

Before:

After:

Can't doo much about the bubbled door panel, other than get a replacement. It was that way when I bought the van a year ago. Assume it's heat damage from bad storage? Anyway, I did fix the 110 outlet warping (for the most part) using a heat gun.

HeyCrutch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Also finished installing Fog Lamps into the front bumper cover. Haven't completed the job yet though, as I still have to run the upgraded wiring harness that will power the fogs and need to install the upgrade lamp switch that will turn them on once wired. But the "carpentry" is done. Posting a few photos to show the evolution of my front end since last summer when I bought it. (1997 EVC btw). Have more photos of the fog cutouts that I will post over on the fog light thread. thanks to some forum members for support!

RiversToTheSea
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

I removed a very rusty off-brand 1-1/4" hitch receiver (well, I paid the local auto shop to do it, because the dang bolts were too tight and rusty for me to remove while laying on my back under the van with 6" of room to turn a wrench).

In its place I installed this new Curt 2" hitch receiver. Along the way I cleaned and repainted the bumper mounts, and discovered just how difficult it is to get the spare tire in and out.

But the new hitch receiver is in, all bolts torqued to spec, and my van came with a trailer wiring harness so I don't have to fabricate that.

What's the hitch for? Mostly holding a Yakima HoldUp 2-bike rack for my bicycle and my wife's e-bike. And occasionally towing a 400lb motorcycle trailer with two 400lb sportbikes (mine and my wife's) for a total tow weight of 1,200 lbs which seems well within the Eurovan's capability. We are planning to tow our motorcycles to Hell's Canyon Oregon this summer and ride the length of the canyon.

I really thought about rattle-can painting the front and rear bumpers because they look pretty ratty, but got lazy. The bumper looks weird in the photo because it was out in the drizzly Seattle rain while I was installing the hitch. I think I will respray it sooner rather than later.

JavaJoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

I built a slide-out camping box. It holds my camping stove, cups, plates, silverware, and other cooking items so they are all in one place.

In front of it is a 50l water tank which I haven’t hooked up yet. The plan is to add another slide out surface for a collapsible sink and a batter pump/faucet.

The porta pottie is stored in the camping box by the table.

VanGeek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Nice work on the camping box! How easily is it to remove if you want to reinsert the jump-seats and approximately how much does it weigh.

Asking because I considered something similar for slide out cooking/storage as well as a step-up to the upper bunk. But would prefer to have something that can be removed without too much time/effort.
RiversToTheSea
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

EVCSNOW wrote:
I ordered some preventative maintenance parts!

What did you do? Pictures would be awesome!

After having a boatload of work done to get my T4 roadworthy, safe, and reliable I took it on a short road trip up in the Cascade foothills to scope out some dispersed campsites. I plan on returning later this spring for camping & stargazing. The van did great, keeping up with 65-70 mph highway traffic and chugging up 6% mountain grades on USFS fire roads.

VWinny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

TheOneTrueQuux wrote:
VWinny wrote:

Actually, that's not all it does. EGR is actually a helpful strategy for more than just emissions. It helps keep combustion temperatures down, and increases thermal efficiency a bit, it can also prolong engine and exhaust system life by lowering peak temperatures a bit. I would only remove it if I could no longer source parts.

The SAI system (fan and related components) helps light off the catalyst more quickly, which keeps the exhaust system hotter (and dryer) if you happen to run short trips. It also reduces emissions and is a good thing. Deleting this has less harmful effects, but still, if it works, why not keep it? Stinky exhaust is unpleasant and bad for the air.

SMOG in the intake decreases engine life by gumming up all of the upper head components. valves, lifters ets. Engines are not made to breathe dirty air. Clean air is best and the best running engines historically have none of these components. My engine runs like a top and has clean exhaust because I maintain it well.

I tore mine out and rebuilt it from the block up. The intake was a complete disaster as far as gum, varnish and spent oil; as well as other contaminants.
VWinny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

TheOneTrueQuux wrote:
VWinny wrote:

SMOG in the intake decreases engine life by gumming up all of the upper head components. valves, lifters ets. Engines are not made to breathe dirty air. Clean air is best and the best running engines historically have none of these components. My engine runs like a top and has clean exhaust because I maintain it well.

I tore mine out and rebuilt it from the block up. The intake was a complete disaster as far as gum, varnish and spent oil; as well as other contaminants.
JavaJoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

VanGeek wrote:
Nice work on the camping box! How easily is it to remove if you want to reinsert the jump-seats and approximately how much does it weigh.

Asking because I considered something similar for slide out cooking/storage as well as a step-up to the upper bunk. But would prefer to have something that can be removed without too much time/effort.

It attaches to the van using the four bolts that hold the jump seat behind the driver to the floor. So, it’s really easy to remove - less than 10 minutes.
RiversToTheSea
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

VWinny wrote:
Clean air is best and the best running engines historically have none of these components.

Ah yes, the pre-smog era when 'best running engines' created a permanent haze of smog over LA and other cities. But you do you, my friend.
https://timeline.com/la-smog-pollution-4ca4bc0cc95d
HeyCrutch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

New 16" wheels and Yokohama tires from GoWesty plus the Bilstein XHDs went on finally! I honestly cannot believe how much better the van rides. It's night a day different than riding on the old 15" steelies with worn out tires and shocks that were probably oem.

And I swapped out the emblems on the back. Sayanora "Eurovan" ... hello Transporter!

VWinny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Took my 95 Ev to the beach! Breaking in the engine I completely rebuilt in my garage. 125 miles so far!

Surfs Up!!
Scott97EVC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

HeyCrutch wrote:
Started a cabinet facing upgrade project today. Will do the wardrobe doors and a couple of the walls arounds the cabinets next round.

Really like the wood look Thumbs Up , mind sharing how this is done?
HeyCrutch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Scott97EVC wrote:
HeyCrutch wrote:

Really like the wood look Thumbs Up , mind sharing how this is done?

It's just peel n stick wallpaper that I got off of Amazon. I did all the cabinet and wardrobe doors plus a couple of the wallsl. I still need to do the wall to the right of the galley and the wall next to the heater output. Used a razor blade to cut around the edges and any holes

It's not perfect - I have gotten some bubbles, but the cost was pretty low.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: