Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JNH Classics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

Checkout my latest project!

Link
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

Looks like you bought it from the Beverly Hills Car Club...
MoPor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

Better than the cars from porfor

'58 356A coupe
'00 Boxster S
JNH Classics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

Link
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

fast worker!

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
Looks like you bought it from the Beverly Hills Car Club...

Naw, Looks too good for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really it would be wrecked and RUSTED bad. Rusted all the way into the quarters and there would not be any bottom molding because of rust.
badsix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

looks like an easy fix, much better to work on than a rust bucket. i'd think about trying to put a skin on the door if you can get the frame straight.
Jay D.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MoPor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

I thought it would be better to replace the roof assuming you can get one at a reasonable price

'58 356A coupe
'00 Boxster S
JNH Classics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

Link
Riff Raff
Shivering Sambian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

Nice work!

You are an ambitious man
Cool idea to present the entire procedure in fast forward rather than just hitting the highlights.
Bummer about the window.
I particularly like that you are preserving as much original metal as you can rather than cutting out sections and welding in replacement metal.
Full marks from me!!

I have resurrected a couple field find split buses, but I bought my 356 B complete (with 912 engine as well).
You will really enjoy driving your 356 I imagine after investing your blood sweat and tears into it!!

Carry on!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JNH Classics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments guys! Here’s the next video

Link
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

I really like watching these videos. Have to say I felt pretty bad for you when I saw what happened with that one door. A real 'OH SHIT!' d'oh! moment. But I'm sure something similar has happened to most, if not all, of us. Crying or Very sad Keep on keepin' on! Dancing

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

fascinating seeing how the metal moves with the time lapse and speed.

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
moogie32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

Amazing work- it's great to see it take shape again. The original paint is fantastic - what are your plans for this? Repaint the damaged panels and leave original paint where possible? Did you ever find out whether it's really an SC or not? Just subscribed, thanks!
Doch leider musst du von uns gehn
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

i want one. and those body work skills
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
JNH Classics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

Link
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

Wow! Amazing work, Please excuse my ignorance, what about metal fatigue on the roof? It seems it "flows" too easy. will the shape hold?

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Slip356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

Is the overall plan to complete and drive the car with the various smaller dents & wrinkles?
Otherwise it seems odd to install the headliner now if the plan is to further work on the roof dents.
Also, are you planning to blend the paint as much as possible?
One hell of a project with crazy metal skills!
JNH Classics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

The plan is to drive it as is with all the battle scars. The roof and fender are actually still very stiff and solid. You can sit on the fender without it moving at all. It just looks like the metal moves easily because the video is sped up.
JNH Classics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Wrecked 356 Project - With Videos Reply with quote

Link
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: