Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

And the part number is...
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject: And the part number is... Reply with quote

Believe these are the clips that hold the electrical wires under the bus above the trans. Green are marked 19 (19mm?) and the pink 17 (17mm?) - I am pretty sure one of the folks pulled these off a late bus for me years ago. Anyone know the part numbers?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

ivwshane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: And the part number is... Reply with quote

The green clips were what was holding my fuel hose to the underside.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: And the part number is... Reply with quote

ivwshane wrote:
The green clips were what was holding my fuel hose to the underside.

The fiche only shows the U shaped clips, like the plug wires: 211 201 249 A . They end in early 1977.
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: And the part number is... Reply with quote

I got somethings similar to these from a local CarQuest a few years back, will keep my eye out for the remainder of the package.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: And the part number is... Reply with quote

steve, i have a shit ton of these. when i pick something clean before i scrap it, i leave only the rust Very Happy

how many of what size do you need?

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: And the part number is... Reply with quote

don't need any - just trying to catalog the stuff that I am keeping. If I need one in a couple years or go to list it, would like to put the part number on it. Right now it is "unknown." Looks like 76 and prior used the U shaped clips and 77 and later used these. Don't see them in the fiche.
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: And the part number is... Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
don't need any - just trying to catalog the stuff that I am keeping. If I need one in a couple years or go to list it, would like to put the part number on it. Right now it is "unknown." Looks like 76 and prior used the U shaped clips and 77 and later used these. Don't see them in the fiche.

The ones I bought were for a Vanagon, so likely the same or similar to the '76 and later ones.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: And the part number is... Reply with quote

Wildthings wrote:
SGKent wrote:

The ones I bought were for a Vanagon, so likely the same or similar to the '76 and later ones.

I just looked in EKTA. It shows a similar clamp but the part numbers for those kinds of fasteners all appear superseded to a wire tie clamp N90666101. Arrrg. now reads, part number - Unknown, pink-17, green-19 fuel. Thank you all.
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: And the part number is... Reply with quote

Also known as Omega clips (shape of Greek character Ω), e.g.:
https://www.sdproducts.co.uk/omega-clips
VW order# e.g. 171 971 847 A

At my 1979 there were several of them below the car...
at the main wire form back to front, at the speedo cable, etc.
White and some other colors (specify the size) - white/natural and I guess also pink (not sure for now)

It looks like they are also used for VW Vanagon T3 and the first VW Rabbit versions and other first watercooled VW.
At my Karmann-Ghia (similar to the Beetle) I found none of them.

Some German dealer links:
https://www.werk34.de/de/kabelhalter-gelb-20-mm-971.321.847-a.html
https://tk-carparts.de/halteclip-kabel-schlauchleitung-18mm-tk-carpars
https://de.hoffmann-speedster.com/aktionen/neuheit...auch-weiss
https://www.oldtimer-werk.de/golf-2-und-co/elektri...321971847a
1982 Eriba Pan travel trailer
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
deepcflea
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: And the part number is... Reply with quote

Pelican Parts out of CA carries them. Not sure on some of the sizes or if the ones below that don't have sizes is accurate. Pulled this info off their forum.

Gray 10mm 477-971-851
Blue 16mm 113-142-261-A
White 18mm 171-971-847-A
Yellow 321-971-847-B
Red 811-971-848-B
Green 999-651-168-40
Black 181-971-847

On my 78 DC, the pink ones are used in the engine compartment holding the wiring harness along the inner top rear edge for the taillights and the blue I found above the tranny holding fuel line.

Formerly owned VW's
1983 Westfalia
1956 Oval Ragtop
1967 Bug
1970 Ghia
1969 Buggy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: And the part number is... Reply with quote

awesome - thank you
old DKP driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: And the part number is... Reply with quote

I believe they were introduced on volkswagens here in the United States in
1974 when the vw dasher was introduced to America
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: