Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fuel sender question
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
turboblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject: Fuel sender question Reply with quote

Hello all

Did a quick search and didn't find my answer.

Does any one have the ohm reading for the fuel tank sender on a 1974 T4?

Empty and full numbers.

Thank you in advance

Turbo VW Sand Drag Buggy

"If you don't run into the Devil every once in awhile, you must be going in the same direction!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel sender question Reply with quote

This may not help directly.....but the 1974 cars had a different tank than the earlier 1973 and down. They had a lot of different things.

The fuel sending unit is the later style similar to that used on super beetle, bus.....a wide range of cars. It has the arm with a cylindrical plastic float on the end instead of the vertical cylinder/tube.

And......the clock and fuel gauge were new as well. Quartz clock and a fuel gauge to match the sending unit.

And......the clock unit with fuel gauge is the same part number used on the last few years of the Karmann Ghia up until 1974. Actually its a 411 part,number that got used in the ghia.

So......there mat be more information around for a 1974 ghia so you might check for that. I will check my books later today.

Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
turboblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel sender question Reply with quote

raygreenwood wrote:
This may not help directly.....but the 1974 cars had a different tank than the earlier 1973 and down. They had a lot of different things.

The fuel sending unit is the later style similar to that used on super beetle, bus.....a wide range of cars. It has the arm with a cylindrical plastic float on the end instead of the vertical cylinder/tube.

And......the clock and fuel gauge were new as well. Quartz clock and a fuel gauge to match the sending unit.

And......the clock unit with fuel gauge is the same part number used on the last few years of the Karmann Ghia up until 1974. Actually its a 411 part,number that got used in the ghia.

So......there mat be more information around for a 1974 ghia so you might check for that. I will check my books later today.

Ray

Did you get an ohm reading by chance?
TY

Turbo VW Sand Drag Buggy

"If you don't run into the Devil every once in awhile, you must be going in the same direction!"
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel sender question Reply with quote

turboblue wrote:
raygreenwood wrote:

Ray

Did you get an ohm reading by chance?
TY

Not yet. Ray
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: