Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Electric Fuel Pump Thread Help Please!?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
will t
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject: Electric Fuel Pump Thread Help Please!? Reply with quote

I had too many windows going at once and my computer froze. One of them was a Samba thread discussing the installation of a Carter P60504 electric fuel pump along with the proper fuel pressure regulator and the appropriate relay. There were pictures showing how to install the fuel pump using rivnuts and vibration isolaters from Grainger. If I remember correctly Busdaddy and Aeromech both contributed to the thread. At the end of it there was a picture of a gorgeous engine. I have searched multiple terms and for whatever reason can't find the thread. Does anyone remember it and could you point me in the right direction? I would like to make the same (or similar) installation in my 73 camper.

Thanks!
Mispeld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pump Thread Help Please!? Reply with quote

Is this it?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=634781&highlight=grainger+fuel+pump
will t
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pump Thread Help Please!? Reply with quote

That is it! Thank you so much!
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pump Thread Help Please!? Reply with quote

If your engine is the original, you could always avoid all that extra work, wiring, etc, and install an original type 4 rebuilt German Pierburg fuel pump.

Check my ads as I have them in stock. Wink

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pump Thread Help Please!? Reply with quote

If you need more help feel free to send me a PM
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pump Thread Help Please!? Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
If your engine is the original, you could always avoid all that extra work, wiring, etc, and install an original type 4 rebuilt German Pierburg fuel pump.

Check my ads as I have them in stock. Wink

This is the route to take. The time wasted on putting inferior pieces of electrical crap, topped off with sub standard wiring, topped off by over pressure of the float valves , is of epic proportion.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: