Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Will these front brake hoses work?
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oscarsnapkin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject: Will these front brake hoses work? Reply with quote

I picked these ATE hoses up from AutohausAZ.com. I know according to TTS the front hoses are supposed to be 430mm. These measure 460mm (the ones I removed from the car were about 420mm). I would think the extra length would not create an issue? I don’t remember if I cross referenced the number or if it what was listed through the Autohaus website as the correct part. I know the rear hoses that I ordered were completely wrong as they had two female ends. I also ordered a complete set of wheel bearings, some FAG, some SKF, made in Korea, India and Vietnam. Should I keep them or are they junk? Thanks again.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"It’s so easy to laugh, it’s so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind."
Al Capulco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: Will these front brake hoses work? Reply with quote

The correct size of the front brake hose is 390 mm. That hose is a 181 number and is no longer made. So you just have to find something else. If you go too long it can rub on the tire when you are making turns and that would be a problem. I would not use the one you have only because it may be too long.

The part numbers people use now are:

113 661 701D should be 390mm not shorter

2116 611 701 should be 420mm to 440mm (easier to find)

There are several different manufacturers that make these hoses but unfortunately they are all different sizes. So just google the part numbers until you find one that is close.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
halfassleatherworks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Will these front brake hoses work? Reply with quote

Everyone needs a longer hose, if it fits use it yes check for rubbing, unless you have to have the exact fit. Laughing Laughing

Belts, wallets, mouse pads, drink coasters, Engraving, most things made in leather.

personal items if you want it in leather in Reno Nv, *****
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: