Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2000 Winnebego EV Camper Door Locks
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rcraigbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject: 2000 Winnebego EV Camper Door Locks Reply with quote

Does the 2000 Winnebago EV Camper have a central locking system? or did this model not have this feature?
My key fob has the buttons for locking but I have been unsuccessful trying to program it. Any advice is appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
white74westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 2000 Winnebego EV Camper Door Locks Reply with quote

Hi there!

Yes it has a keyless entry system. There could be a number of reasons for why it's not working. When you turn the key in the lock, does it lock/unlock the doors at the same time? If not, you might have a bad wire somewhere. If it does, maybe your key fob needs to be replaced/reprogrammed?

On the older models, some of us have to resort to buying new systems altogether. This might give you some ideas: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=653708&highlight=keyless
rcraigbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 2000 Winnebego EV Camper Door Locks Reply with quote

Thanks for the input white74westy, When locking or unlocking manually my key only functions in the door the key is in, it does not unlock or lock all doors. Is there a relay or wire that might be bad?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
white74westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 2000 Winnebego EV Camper Door Locks Reply with quote

rcraigbug wrote:
Thanks for the input white74westy, When locking or unlocking manually my key only functions in the door the key is in, it does not unlock or lock all doors. Is there a relay or wire that might be bad?

Sounds like it could be the door lock actuator(s). This guy's videos are super helpful! This may not answer all your questions, but it might point you in the right direction. You can search the rest of his videos, I believe there may be one or two more, related to door locks. Anyhow, check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSl_2vjXIcw

The actuators are wired so that they are affected by each other. In other words, if you turn the key in the driver's side door, the rest of the actuators should fire and open as well. Once you have all the actuators sorted, then you can trace your problems backwards to the key fob. You may find there's nothing wrong with the fob at all, once you've gone through the system.

The actuators can be had relatively cheaply: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BZ898WR/ref=p...mp;fpw=alm

I bought a couple of these, and I'm happy to report that they work fine.

Hope that helps!
Cool
rcraigbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 2000 Winnebego EV Camper Door Locks Reply with quote

white74westy Thanks, I'll check it out and follow up, I appreciate the help!
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 2000 Winnebego EV Camper Door Locks Reply with quote

rcraigbug wrote:

Similar thing happened to our EVC. It was a broken wire in the door to chassis boot. Cost $1000+ for the dealer to fix.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 2000 Winnebego EV Camper Door Locks Reply with quote

See Dave’s thread on door wire faults.

Easily fixed with a few dollars of materials.

Search posts by vwwestyman
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: