Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pnwkayaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

'Twas the day before Halloween, the day of the 10th Marymoor Meetup...

Why/What ?
Brave the elements and come out to Marymoor Park for a Westy Show and Tell Meetup. The idea for this meetup is to tell the group a little about your van and perhaps some of the best mods or projects that you have made. Consider bringing some comfort food (chiili, soup, etc) to help you stay warm while we meet. The meeting is right before Halloween, so everybody should have a chance to talk about Westy projects and adventures without getting frozen.

When
Saturday Oct 30, 2021
11:00 AM

6046 W. Lake Sammamish Pkwy. N.E.
Redmond, WA 98052

How to find us
"Look for the Westies"

I've talked to the Marymoor Park people and we’ve been directed to meet on the Cirque lot by Baseball Field #6 (this is DIFFERENT from previous meetups) - in this old park map it's the area marked as "Rugby" (see link).

https://your.kingcounty.gov/dnrp/library/parks-and...web_09.pdf

This is a current picture of the area showing the parking division and the new meetup location:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Also, in case you don't know, parking costs $1 in the park. Please, please, please, don’t forget to pay parking, I almost got into trouble one year because some people refused to pay parking.

Background
This is the tenth(!) time we’re having this event (cannot believe we had a run this long, still having lots of fun!). We’ve had as low as 30 vans (2013) and more than 60 vans in 2014 (with 50 on 2015). In all those years everybody had a truly great time.

2019 meetup with pictures: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726175
2018 meetup with pictures: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=708413
2017 meetup with pictures: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=688253
2016 meetup with pictures: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=665231
2015 meetup with pictures: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=639387
2014 meetup with pictures: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=608985
2013 meetup with pictures: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=575369
2012 meetup with pictures: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=532137
2011 meetup with pictures: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=488275

Seattle Meetup at Marymoor (link)
A collection of Simple Useful Mods (SUM) (link)
VeeDubn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Thank you for posting! We have marked our calendar and intend to attend Very Happy
SnowBum124
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Sweet, i look forward to going to my first Westy meet Smile
Corwyn Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

I'm bringing a small traier full of Westy stuff to swap and trade.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604813&highlight=baja

"If anything's" gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there"
~ Captain Ron ~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bleyseng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

I'll show up rain or shine.....just to get out of Seattle
87 Syncro Westy Titan Red 2.1L 2 knob 100k miles
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pnwkayaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

BUMP - three weeks to the meetup!

Time to start completing those open projects if you plan to bring your van to the meetup - I have way too many open projects, but if I don't say anything, nobody will notice Smile

pbrown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

I'll be there. It will be the first time with the van.

1986 Westy Syncro EJ25
Flickr --> https://flic.kr/s/aHsmQNUXEF
bajabones
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

I will be there with my Doka from Tacoma
Solid shaft
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Klister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Thanks for posting - currently vanless, but shopping for a new one. Maybe there will be a nice synchro for sale! Smile
pnwkayaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Bump - less than two weeks to go

GoEverywhere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Gonna see if I can fit it into my schedule to make it up from Portland. Hopefully it'll work out!
HoustonPhotog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

I plan to send out a notification today informing VanAlert members in the greater area about this event... Maybe we can get more than 60 out there and set a new MaryMoor Meetup record!
lleeetj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

i will be there with my 2.2 subie tintop . can't wait to meet all the other vanagon nerds. this will be my first meet up. I am excite.
lleeetj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

That is if I get my transmission back in and go westy sends me my shift rod U joint in time. fingers crossed.
Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Is anyone coming down from Bellingham?
I borrowed four studded winter wheels from a guy in Bellingham (Samba member pjn_wyo) and am trying to get them back to him before the snow flies
It would be a very appreciated favor if someone was willing to take them up to Bellingham and allow the owner to come get them.

They’re 215/65R16 if you wanted to know how your van drives with that size wheels, maybe a 90-mile test can be negotiated with the owner. (?)

Note that a reply to this query bumps the post (heh-heh).

Maybe pjn_wyo will attend the Seattle meetup.... leading a Bellingham Vanagon entourage! It would be fun to have 60 vans!! I have lots of space and would host a driveway camp for out-of-towners (but I’m 42minutes southwest , Burien ) ! 👍🏽👍🏽

Theres 3.62 inches of rain in the forecast over the next 9 days, clearing up on the 29th. Pray for sun on the 30th!

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb
Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Who has 15" wheels that would fit this poor neglected van that's sitting on junky 14" wheels?

Let me float this idea. If you have 15x7 with BFG K02s or equivalent, and want to change wheels....
Meet me at Marymoor, show me your wheels and lets negotiate...👍🏽
I don't need wheels immediately - this van doesn't even have an engine yet.

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

I have five 15" Mefros; four with BFG T/As and one with something else similar. They're no longer on the Passat.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Just being a pussy. If the rain stops next weekend and Bleyseng let’s me camp in front of his house Saturday night. Xatie and I just might make it up there from PDX.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
GoEverywhere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

I've got a week to get the new Megasquirt injection running on my rig now Razz
This would be a pretty good shakedown run...
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2021 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Saturday? No can do (working). I thought these meet-ups were on a Sunday. Oh well.... The Feuerwehr Syncro will be there in spirit.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: