Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AutoMechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

Great history and story. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

looking wonderful Very Happy so glad to see the roof hatch rebuilt!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Splitty69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

haven't seen that pic before..... the bus looks awesome...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
rxBusboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

These pics and the history of thi sub's journey are priceless. Shocked Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Splitty69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

rxBusboy wrote:
These pics and the history of thi sub's journey are priceless. Shocked Laughing

Thanks, i have loads more but having trouble loading them up altogether.
they are on my face book page Torgny sommelius barn door page on facebook.
Splitty69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

The Bus almost finished
Splitty69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

Splitty69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

Last edited by Splitty69 on Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Splitty69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

YES!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy LOVE IT.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Splitty69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

Thanks Dude….. Cool Cool Cool
rumpnisse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

NICE! Applause
Splitty69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

Thanks
Patiently Impatient
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

Michael, do you have a link to download Torgny's autobiography, The Last Traveller?

I can't seem to find it, and would like to read the entire thing.

Thanks!
Splitty69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

It’s in Swedish, I have had it translated into English. Send me your email address. I added the link on Barndoor division around Christmas time. If you find me on Facebook I think there a link in Messager I can send you. It’s a very heat read. I cropped it and put all the bus stuff together. Can send that to.
Patiently Impatient
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

Splitty69 wrote:
It’s in Swedish, I have had it translated into English. Send me your email address. I added the link on Barndoor division around Christmas time. If you find me on Facebook I think there a link in Messager I can send you. It’s a very heat read. I cropped it and put all the bus stuff together. Can send that to.

Perfect! I was hoping I wouldn't have to learn Swedish, as that is the only examples I've found online.

I sent you a message on FB messenger, check your bus' profile page messages.

Thanks again!
myklsmyth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

Having some time to spare I stumbled across this thread. Always interested in barndoor buses, I scrolled through the pictures to the end but was confused above the color. Are there two buses mentioned? If it had such history, why would you paint in red and not the original white? So, I tried something novel. I rejected the current day philosophy of swipe, swipe, swipe and went back to the beginning and decided to READ the post. IT WAS AMAZING!! I found myself on the journey with him as I read the details of his travels. That was the best reading that I have encountered in a long time. The pictures were the bonus. Thank you for taking the time to document and post this sir. Applause
Splitty69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

Latest pic of the bus..... getting closer to the finish line....
Splitty69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

smittys61vert wrote:
Having some time to spare I stumbled across this thread. Always interested in barndoor buses, I scrolled through the pictures to the end but was confused above the color. Are there two buses mentioned? If it had such history, why would you paint in red and not the original white? So, I tried something novel. I rejected the current day philosophy of swipe, swipe, swipe and went back to the beginning and decided to READ the post. IT WAS AMAZING!! I found myself on the journey with him as I read the details of his travels. That was the best reading that I have encountered in a long time. The pictures were the bonus. Thank you for taking the time to document and post this sir. Applause

Thanks for reading the story.
The Bus was painted red and Brown in the 60's. Most of the white you see was underneath and the red and brown paint was removed using oven cleaner..... i also have a page on facebook, just key in Torgny Sommelius. lots more pics from the tirp.
myklsmyth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Torgny Sommelius's 1954 Barndoor bus Reply with quote

Splitty69 wrote:
smittys61vert wrote:

Thanks for reading the story.
The Bus was painted red and Brown in the 60's. Most of the white you see was underneath and the red and brown paint was removed using oven cleaner..... i also have a page on facebook, just key in Torgny Sommelius. lots more pics from the tirp.

Will do sir! Cool
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: