Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Starbucks sucks / Coffee snob thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Official Starbucks sucks / Coffee snob thread Reply with quote

Best coffee I ever had was oddly enough from a food court spot in a suburban mall. it was before a late movie, and I wanted a pick-me-up.

I think he was Turkish, and the owner of the business after the hired help went home.

My wife made a comment that he should smile, and after some gentle teasing, he broke out a wide smile! I think he appreciated the attention after a long day full of obnoxious teens.

It was late and he made it just for me. He ground the beans, then added them to hot (but not too hot) water, using an old porcelain cup with a long handle. Then he let it almost simmer for a few minutes until he liked the strength and aroma. We waited patently.

Strongest damn coffee I ever had, but man did it taste good! Not bitter at all, just strong. He cautioned me about drinking the full cup. He asked $2 for all his work. I left a $5 tip and a handshake. I think we made his day! And he, ours.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Coffee Maker Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:
empi3 wrote:
skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
mukluk wrote:

Great place to go if you want to pay five bucks for a bad cup of coffee.

agreed. it's like that money shit coffee where the monkey eats the beans then shits them out before you brew them, only they forget to wipe the shit off before brewing

i'd rather drink the cloudy piss out of a bums gatorade bottle

It's actually kopi luwak from a civet cat

Steven

And you know this because????????
And he may have seen “Bucket List”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_luwak
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Starbucks sucks / Coffee snob thread Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Best coffee I ever had was oddly enough from a food court spot in a suburban mall. it was before a late movie, and I wanted a pick-me-up.

I think he was Turkish, and the owner of the business after the hired help went home.

My wife made a comment that he should smile, and after some gentle teasing, he broke out a wide smile! I think he appreciated the attention after a long day full of obnoxious teens.

It was late and he made it just for me. He ground the beans, then added them to hot (but not too hot) water, using an old porcelain cup with a long handle. Then he let it almost simmer for a few minutes until he liked the strength and aroma. We waited patently.

Strongest damn coffee I ever had, but man did it taste good! Not bitter at all, just strong. He cautioned me about drinking the full cup. He asked $2 for all his work. I left a $5 tip and a handshake. I think we made his day! And he, ours.

Sounds like Turkish coffee to me. That's some high octane stuff, but man is it good!!

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fredybear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Starbucks sucks / Coffee snob thread Reply with quote

2004, Long Island, Sunrise & 112, Blimpies Subs at the gas station......

The best coffer ever. Cool Cool Cool

Now

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Shocked
fredybear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Starbucks sucks / Coffee snob thread Reply with quote

MMMMM Yummy Cool

jwp67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Starbucks sucks / Coffee snob thread Reply with quote

To me, McDonalds coffee is colored boiled water. It has no taste to it to me. I have discovered Black Rifle coffee. A newer "chain" coffee place. I like their stuff. I don't buy their brew, but I order their beans and use a french press at the house. To me, very nice.
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Starbucks sucks / Coffee snob thread Reply with quote

McDonald's Lattes rock! Half the price of Starbums.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Official Starbucks sucks / Coffee snob thread Reply with quote

I made my own

Last edited by Zundfolge1432 on Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official Starbucks sucks / Coffee snob thread Reply with quote

@Zundfolge1432
Careful taking that cup over 45mph, it'll probably shimmy and spill your coffee. Wink
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Official Starbucks sucks / Coffee snob thread Reply with quote

still better than Starbucks.
'22 type C1 T-Cross
'23 type AC3 Hyundai I10 (VW no longer makes small cars!)
-------------------------
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official Starbucks sucks / Coffee snob thread Reply with quote

I dont know personally, but Ive been told, cold piss is better than Sbux.
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official Starbucks sucks / Coffee snob thread Reply with quote

While researching the origins of flavored coffee, I came across some very disturbing facts. Starbucks roasts their beans at a higher temperature, kind of a "quick roast" because of the high volume of coffee they have to produce. This is somewhat the same as roasting beans for a longer period of time. It brings out the bitter oils in the coffee bean which results in that horrible bitter taste that people think is the way coffee is supposed to taste. Its not. So, they add flavoring to the roasted beans which masks the bitter flavor.
First in 1958, flavoring was originally added to instant coffee for the same reason. The main ingredient in the flavoring which is added to roasted beans is a solvent like propylene glycol which is the main ingredient in antifreeze. This liquid filth is highly toxic to those who actually work with it requiring special masks and gloves because if inhaled or touched it is absorbed in the body and has been proven to cause cancer.
I have always contended that coffee flavoring was created to "cover up" bad coffee. I didn't realize just how much of a "cover up" it is.
Mickey bitsko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official Starbucks sucks / Coffee snob thread Reply with quote

It appears nobody on this thread likes Starbucks.
First thread I've EVER seen that everyone agrees..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Official Starbucks sucks / Coffee snob thread Reply with quote

Mickey bitsko wrote:
It appears nobody on this thread likes Starbucks.
First thread I've EVER seen that everyone agrees..

True, I don't like Starbucks and never have. Give credit to them for successful marketing as they have millions brainwashed into thinking their product is good and that's the way coffee should taste. Much of what I said previously is not limited to Starbucks in the coffee industry. They just happen to be the biggest offender.

There is good coffee out there but it is not easy to find and you won't find it if you insist on having it flavored because flavoring is an excellent mask. Drink your coffee straight as it should be and you can easily weed out the bad stuff. One of the largest coffee houses in Europe makes excellent coffee. Its just difficult to find in the U.S. but that hopefully will change as they only recently started marketing in the U.S. I happened to stumble on it earlier this year when I saw some at an Amish bulk store where it was dirt cheap because it was past the expiration date. It was outstanding with the smoothest flavor I have ever tasted in my 67 years. I was hooked.

P.S.
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official Starbucks sucks / Coffee snob thread Reply with quote

My buddy from Colombia has been saying that Starbucks is burnt tasting garbage for years.

So his solution was to investigate importing the beans from his homeland as a business.

Wife is coffee savvy and likes the strong stuff, says most commercial choices like McDonalds and Dunkin ' too weak for her.

My brother recommended Black Rifle, and it was too strong for her. So we have a whole Goldilocks situ going on here.

Recently she tried Tim Hortons from the grocery store, and liked it.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official Starbucks sucks / Coffee snob thread Reply with quote

I have friends who call it "Charbucks" because they roast so aggressively.

I like slightly bitter coffee, more so since I started enjoying half&half in it. I know, I am a disgrace to coffee snobs everywhere! But I like bitter dark chocolate, too, so I think it's a legitimate taste preference.
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Starbucks sucks / Coffee snob thread Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
I have friends who call it "Charbucks" because they roast so aggressively.

I like slightly bitter coffee, more so since I started enjoying half&half in it. I know, I am a disgrace to coffee snobs everywhere! But I like bitter dark chocolate, too, so I think it's a legitimate taste preference.

100% on the bitter dark chocolate !!!
At work they buy cases of Peets Coffee (Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast) for all 110 employees to drink through out the day.
I put one packet of Swiss Miss dark chocolate powder to my 10oz cup.
I do go to Starbucks on the weekends as I'm hooked on their Brown Sugar shaken Espresso with Oat Milk...
The large has 3 shots of Espresso, 4 pumps of Brown Sugar Syrup, ice and oat milk. That's my weekend drink before breakfast.
We took a trip to Mexico City a few months ago and I have to say every coffee cafe we went to the coffee was really really good...A lot better than any one I have been to here in the US.

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: