Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Volvoagon, I haven't seen this before...
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wellington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Volvoagon, I haven't seen this before... Reply with quote

I had a 1989 Volvo 240 wagon up until 3 years ago. Not exactly frugal on the gas around town, but was bullet proof. Changed out the rear exhaust a few times. Never let me down, only required usual maintenance.
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Volvoagon, I haven't seen this before... Reply with quote

Just for fun. Here's a couple pictures of the Volvo B23A that was converted into my old Syncro Doka from Sweden. From what I heard they did a lot of these there. It was a bit of a lump, was gonna convert to Zetec or 1.8t but ended up selling the truck instead (mistake!).

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The motor has a strange anti-pollution setup on the exhaust side which was all rusted out and leaking. Almost impossible to find replacement parts. Can't see the parts in picture, it was rail that runs along the block to additional ports in block below exhaust header.

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
0to60in6min
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Volvoagon, I haven't seen this before... Reply with quote

Since we talk about Volvo engines and Volvo belongs to the group PRV (Peugeot, Renault, Volvo)..
I've seen in Europe a vanagon with a Peugeot 505 - 4 cyl. 2.2L Intercooled Turbo in it, very nice. Too bad couldn't find pics.
Vanagon Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Volvoagon, I haven't seen this before... Reply with quote

MsTaboo wrote:
Just for fun. Here's a couple pictures of the Volvo B23A that was converted into my old Syncro Doka from Sweden. From what I heard they did a lot of these there. It was a bit of a lump, was gonna convert to Zetec or 1.8t but ended up selling the truck instead (mistake!).

Nice pics.

Do you recall if the previous owner had any issues with cracks in the exhaust system? Was muffler attached to the body?

Looks like that swap used Volvo engine mounts.

Neil.

1988 West DIY 50º ABA

VE7TBN
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: