Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kombi/camper roof card channels
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
challomoner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:04 am    Post subject: Kombi/camper roof card channels Reply with quote

Hoping to find some detail on the area circled in the pic. I want to convert my microbus to a camper so I need to fabricate the channels that hold the cab roof cards.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
dgsaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Kombi/camper roof card channels Reply with quote

baz76 wrote:
Hoping to find some detail on the area circled in the pic. I want to convert my microbus to a camper so I need to fabricate the channels that hold the cab roof cards.

I think you already have what you need.

dgsaz
dgsaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Kombi/camper roof card channels Reply with quote

This is a better photo. Show the corner.
challomoner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Kombi/camper roof card channels Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics nice job. Mine has microbus style serrated tabs for cloth headliner instead of the j shaped channels for commercial cards. The differences are along the fresh air box and across the top of the sunvisor.
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Kombi/camper roof card channels Reply with quote

There is also an inner channel above the door

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php...t_dir=DESC

in the pic below, up is to the right:

challomoner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Kombi/camper roof card channels Reply with quote

Thanks Clara, I had a feeling there might be a channel in there too. Does that channel run the full perimeter of the inside gutter or is it just the cab section?
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Kombi/camper roof card channels Reply with quote

baz76 wrote:
Thanks Clara, I had a feeling there might be a channel in there too. Does that channel run the full perimeter of the inside gutter or is it just the cab section?

did you check out the pics in the link I posted above?
challomoner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Kombi/camper roof card channels Reply with quote

Found a great pic in the gallery , hopefully this may help anyone else searching for info on these differences.

Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Kombi/camper roof card channels Reply with quote

baz76 wrote:

Found a great pic in the gallery , hopefully this may help anyone else searching for info on these differences.

Just FYI, best not to take up more room in the gallery by uploading an image already in the gallery. Instead just copy the forum code and paste it into the post you are making. Happy if you want to use our images, but why take up more TS computer memory for same image.

A lot more images of that area in the gallery under "Wounded Westie". Just type in "Eric&Barb" in the "Search for Submitter:"
challomoner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Kombi/camper roof card channels Reply with quote

Eric&Barb wrote:
baz76 wrote:

Just FYI, best not to take up more room in the gallery by uploading an image already in the gallery. Instead just copy the forum code and paste it into the post you are making. Happy if you want to use our images, but why take up more TS computer memory for same image.

A lot more images of that area in the gallery under "Wounded Westie". Just type in "Eric&Barb" in the "Search for Submitter:"

Oops sorry, I had saved the picture to my phone when I found it and didn't update the thread until a few days later, so I found the pic in the easiest place as I'd lost track of where I found it originally.

Thanks for the great detail pic, happy to delete mine and replace it with yours.
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Kombi/camper roof card channels Reply with quote

baz76 wrote:

Oops sorry, I had saved the picture to my phone when I found it and didn't update the thread until a few days later, so I found the pic in the easiest place as I'd lost track of where I found it originally.

Thanks for the great detail pic, happy to delete mine and replace it with yours.

No big deal, but would be better that way. There is a button on each of the gallery image pages in the lower left that reads as "Add photo to favorites". Once you click on that, you can access that image easily in your "Favorite Photos" in the pop up list when you hover your mouse cursor over the Gallery button at the top of TS pages. Just figured that one out all too recently! Laughing
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Kombi/camper roof card channels Reply with quote

i found a pretty good picture in another thread:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=503688&start=40

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
challomoner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: Kombi/camper roof card channels Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:
i found a pretty good picture in another thread:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=503688&start=40

Thanks dude I saw that earlier and saved the pic.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: