Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seeking KEP Kit Vacuum Line set up with real pictures
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
WonkaVan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject: Seeking KEP Kit Vacuum Line set up with real pictures Reply with quote

Wondering if anyone has photos they can share of their KEP kit for 2.2 Subaru air intake set up and routing of the vacuum line/hoses connecting to the throttle body? The instructions provided by the KEP kit are really lacking and abstract with no real photos to help guide the installer. I know I have to cut off a piece of the original air tube to the throttle body and I am sure it is easy enough, but really finding it difficult to understand how it should look. Please share if you can! Thank you so much!
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Seeking KEP Kit Vacuum Line set up with real pictures Reply with quote

For the Subaru part of things, try to find a car with the exact year and model for your engine and see how any hoses are run.

There was a Yahoo Vanagon/Subaru site but I am not sure it still exists nor do I know what might have replaced it to date.
wesitarz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Seeking KEP Kit Vacuum Line set up with real pictures Reply with quote

I have an early Subaru intake on my 2.5. There is a pic and discussion of the Subaru PVC system here:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

There are pics of the Subaru or VW canister hook-up here:(follow the links for 2.2 and charcoal canister)
http://www.weidefamily.net/vanagon/

You can try Googling Subaru EJ 2.2 engine images
WonkaVan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Seeking KEP Kit Vacuum Line set up with real pictures Reply with quote

Thank you for that link! It helped a lot and I got it done. Ready for the Referee, yay. Took a bit of head scratching and all day but should satisfy the the smogers.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: