Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Classified section Parts - OFFICIAL Whine topic
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KROC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject: Classified section Parts - OFFICIAL Whine topic Reply with quote

I don’t look through classified very often but good god.. 75% of the listing are stock old junk...pages and pages of listing by the same sellers of used parts inventory or stock engine parts... I’m guessing the section is not moderated? Ya sure have to sift through a lot of crap to see the cream...... come on you morons put your ads up in the correct sections. 😳
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Classified section Parts / High Performance Engine Reply with quote

I was noticing that too!

first page has stock 40hp rod set for $35 im guessing is not high performance https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1852976, then used non dog house oil coolers and lots of other stock non performance stuff....
[email protected] MPH 1/4 Mile & 8.1 @ 83.7MPH in 1/8 Mile with Mild Type 1 VW Mag Case 2234cc commuter engine in stock weight bug w/only .491 total lift(CB2292 Cam), 42x37 heads, 48idf's, Street tires, Belt on, Mufflers, Pump gas, video of the run here: https://youtu.be/M3SPqMOKAOg

Transmission by MCMScott:
Rhino case, Klinkenberg 4.12, Superdiff, 002 mainshaft with 091 first idler. Weddle 1.48 Third & 1.14 Fourth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Classified section Parts / High Performance Engine Reply with quote

It's because it says /engine. Not clear enough. When I first joined, I was making the same mistake. It should just state "High Performance", then maybe a separate column for stock engine parts. Like a stock case shouldn't be in the high perf section.
evanfrucht
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Classified section Parts / High Performance Engine Reply with quote

There are a few things that could use work here but what is perfect anyway? People have a right to peddle whatever junk they want. You can't just moderate classifieds adds because they are selling fairly easy to come by stock parts for a bad deal... lol Rolling Eyes People have a right to make a fool out of themselves lol. This forum wouldn't be what it is if it was subject to dictatorship... lol.

Join the list of people who are crying about it...

Not to mention there should be a separate stock engine section and performance section in the forum too, but I wouldn't hold my breath... lol. Yes, the categories are fucked... if that answers your question. Could be worse tho.

...I'm an ass, I know Wink
air-h2o-air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Classified section Parts / High Performance Engine Reply with quote

Kroc, I agree
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Classified section Parts / High Performance Engine Reply with quote

KROC wrote:
come on you morons put your ads up in the correct sections. 😳

Normally i'd move this to the SITE forum since it's about the site. but in the hopes that some of the people posting in the classified might see it, it will stay here... for now Wink

FYI, forum moderators have no control of the classified.

I wish there was a way to exclude toys in a search.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dan Ruddock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Classified section Parts / High Performance Engine Reply with quote

I have seen ads that have been up close to ten years Shocked mostly because the price is absurd.
Stripped66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Classified section Parts / High Performance Engine Reply with quote

Use the "search" function.

I don't think electrickery works that way
Dan Ruddock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Classified section Parts / High Performance Engine Reply with quote

Absurd.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1537176
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Classified section Parts - OFFICIAL Whine topic Reply with quote

Moderator Note: OK, I guess we need an Official Whine topic so let's keep them all here.

Have at it.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
QRP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Classified section Parts - OFFICIAL Whine topic Reply with quote

There should definitely be a limit on how many ads you can put up per day.
Nothing more annoying than refreshing my 2 or 3 ads only to have them 4 to 5 pages down again after some jerk posts up his endless pages of nuts, bolts, washers, etc. etc. . . UGH!!!
evanfrucht
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Classified section Parts / High Performance Engine Reply with quote

Dan Ruddock wrote:
Absurd.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1537176

Ad placed: 2013

Laughing
fl59bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Classified section Parts / High Performance Engine Reply with quote

evanfrucht wrote:
. . . . People have a right to peddle whatever junk they want. . . . .

Lol I found that statement true, but humorous Smile
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Classified section Parts - OFFICIAL Whine topic Reply with quote

Why is it. That certain vendor's here, must post their entire catalog of NOS parts daily?
We have to wade through 4-5 pages of their NOS parts listings to get to the High Performance parts. Or whatever the sellers think are "High Performance" parts.
There's more than one vendor here that does the daily entire catalog update.

Can we get a dedicated/moderated, "High Performance" classified listing?

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
evanfrucht
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Classified section Parts - OFFICIAL Whine topic Reply with quote

I couldn't help myself

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1877286
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Classified section Parts - OFFICIAL Whine topic Reply with quote

He's had the ad up for nearly seven years???!!!

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
halfassleatherworks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Classified section Parts - OFFICIAL Whine topic Reply with quote

I have purchased from the classifieds, and brouse just about everyday at the new ads. I know that there are some hard to find and truly rare parts. but this in my opinion is truly over the top, and looks like its only half there.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2429961

Belts, wallets, mouse pads, drink coasters, Engraving, most things made in leather.

personal items if you want it in leather in Reno Nv, *****
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Classified section Parts - OFFICIAL Whine topic Reply with quote

halfassleatherworks wrote:
I have purchased from the classifieds, and brouse just about everyday at the new ads. I know that there are some hard to find and truly rare parts. but this in my opinion is truly over the top, and looks like its only half there.

know the history of the 4 cam? know about the $100,000 engine rebuild's some of them require? those shrouds would be like finding the holy grail for the right person... 21K i think he's off his rocker.... but Im not sure if he is just off the chair or rolled out the door and down the street... anything fuhrmann 4 cam ...expect lots and lots o cash

I like being wrong, Because, it is another opportunity to learn. If you stop learning from your mistakes than what is the point?

If you have any questions about Forged ICON 4032 VW pistons just shoot me a line.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Classified section Parts - OFFICIAL Whine topic Reply with quote

VWporscheGT3 wrote:
halfassleatherworks wrote:

know the history of the 4 cam? know about the $100,000 engine rebuild's some of them require? those shrouds would be like finding the holy grail for the right person... 21K i think he's off his rocker.... but Im not sure if he is just off the chair or rolled out the door and down the street... anything fuhrmann 4 cam ...expect lots and lots o cash

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1955-porsche-4-cam-carerra/

$220,000 wasn't enough.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
halfassleatherworks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Classified section Parts - OFFICIAL Whine topic Reply with quote

Very big difference between a running engine and a half a fan in bad shape.

Belts, wallets, mouse pads, drink coasters, Engraving, most things made in leather.

personal items if you want it in leather in Reno Nv, *****
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: