Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seltzer
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject: Seltzer Reply with quote

Anyone set up a home system using a co2 bottle to make home made seltzer?

My kids go through a twelve pack a day.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Seltzer Reply with quote

It's no different than a beer keg and tap, lots of home equipment for that available, what you put in it is up to you.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Seltzer Reply with quote

Soda stream for us for live water at dinner. No soda though.

You can refill at soda sense online via usps . Just load two cartridges into a pack , leave at front door

The usps pickup triggers two new ones being sent
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Seltzer Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

You can refill at soda sense online via usps .

I've never heard of them, but I just pulled up the website. Seems quite expensive at $21 per cylinder. I'm in Canada, and all the local big box stores exchange them for what would equate to $14 US.
I actually found a kid locally who does refills / exchanges for $10 CAD ($7 USD). Check your local Craigslist. I bet you have someone doing cheap refills locally too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Seltzer Reply with quote

CanStan wrote:
Abscate wrote:

You can refill at soda sense online via usps .

I've never heard of them, but I just pulled up the website. Seems quite expensive at $21 per cylinder. I'm in Canada, and all the local big box stores exchange them for what would equate to $14 US.
I actually found a kid locally who does refills / exchanges for $10 CAD ($7 USD). Check your local Craigslist. I bet you have someone doing cheap refills locally too.

BE CAREFUL!

You need to be using "food grade C02 and not industrial C02 gas.

https://cooking.stackexchange.com/questions/43655/...%20rating.

https://www.co2masters.com/post/2019-2-24-food-grade-vs-industrial-grade-do-the-differences-matter

Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Seltzer Reply with quote

All the more reason to buy(rent) a big bottle from the local fizzy drink distributor, and once you empty one of their canisters of premix you can refill it with whatever you like. Then all you need is a tap and a regulator, I installed mine in the door of an old fridge, great for whatever chilly beverage you crave. Cool

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Seltzer Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
All the more reason to buy(rent) a big bottle from the local fizzy drink distributor, and once you empty one of their canisters of premix you can refill it with whatever you like. Then all you need is a tap and a regulator, I installed mine in the door of an old fridge, great for whatever chilly beverage you crave. Cool

What other chilly beverage is there ...other than seltzer? Laughing

I did some work in 2019....for a large west coast company in a funky ring shaped building (fruit something...rhymed with snapple)......in the office/cubicle area
that I had short time access to....they had soda makers serving about five cubicles/offices. A whole rack of empty and full cylinders.

They were using a high end soda maker like this Aarke unit

https://nymag.com/strategist/article/best-soda-makers-at-home.html

These people seemed to work 24/7....lots of seltzer water...no telling what "flava" they were putting in it! Wink

Ray
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Seltzer Reply with quote

??? Shocked oh...thought you were finding a new rust making concoction...
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Seltzer Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
??? Shocked oh...thought you were finding a new rust making concoction...

Well.....now that you mention it.....seltzer water CAN remove some rust Wink Laughing .....it breaks down into carbonic acid.

Oddly.....my work with the fruit people did at some level.....involve rust. Laughing

Ray
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Seltzer Reply with quote

how about with stray cats?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: