Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

June '68 Manx Period Restoration
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: '68 Golden Orange Manx Restoration Reply with quote

eddie.would.go wrote:
I always feel it distracts fom the originality when a vehicle is restored to anything but the color specified on the VIN. Especially when the VIN tag is as easy to decode as a Meyers Manx buggy.

I get that. I actually tried trading bodies for a tangerine red one but nothing panned out. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: June '68 Manx Period Restoration Reply with quote

Picked it up today! I had the color matched to Tangerine Red, it looks a little more orange in person. Used a nice single stage.

Overall really happy with it!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
squareweave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: June '68 Manx Period Restoration Reply with quote

Damn, that"s shiny!
matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: June '68 Manx Period Restoration Reply with quote

Wow that was quick, looks good.

Squareweave I would love to see some updates on you manx thread, if you have any.
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: June '68 Manx Period Restoration Reply with quote

matthewl wrote:
Wow that was quick, looks good.

Squareweave I would love to see some updates on you manx thread, if you have any.

Agreed! Let's see those updates!
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: June '68 Manx Period Restoration Reply with quote

Took advantage of the long weekend and blasted the pan. I was able to paint the underside, just waiting for it to dry in this cold. Hoping to do the topside next weekend!

calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: June '68 Manx Period Restoration Reply with quote

Top side is painted! Need to do something with those seat mounts. They are way too high so I think I am going to take the top layer off. Getting excited to start putting it back together.

calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: June '68 Manx Period Restoration Reply with quote

First of many period goodies from this one. An original set of Select-a-Traction! They cleaned up really nicely. And the handles are near perfect.

Last edited by calebmelvin on Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: June '68 Manx Period Restoration Reply with quote

That turning brake is pretty cool! Cool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Shermanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: June '68 Manx Period Restoration Reply with quote

Looking great Caleb!

Tagged Manx 2 with 140hp Corvair
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: June '68 Manx Period Restoration Reply with quote

Got quite a bit more done on the pan this week. I was able to start test fitting hardware in preparation for the beam and tranny to come home. Did a long drive yesterday to pickup the rebuilt parts. Next up, getting it rolling!

matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: June '68 Manx Period Restoration Reply with quote

Looking good.
squareweave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: June '68 Manx Period Restoration Reply with quote

Popcorn
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: June '68 Manx Period Restoration Reply with quote

matthewl wrote:
Looking good.

Thanks!! I love your YouTube channel!
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: June '68 Manx Period Restoration Reply with quote

Had a little time to work on the pan. Mostly test fitted some hardware and checked over everything. Got those pesky seat brackets off too! Planning on getting the beam on, transmission in, and brakes done next weekend.

matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: June '68 Manx Period Restoration Reply with quote

Wow all new hardware and seals, this thing is going to be top notch for sure.
I'm glad you like my youtube stuff, some times I wonder if anyone watches it lol.
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: June '68 Manx Period Restoration Reply with quote

Got the Select-A-Traction and Hurst installed. Still need to find a wood shift ball for it though! Here are the instructions for installing the select-a-traction if anyone happens to need them in the future.

calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: June '68 Manx Period Restoration Reply with quote

Had a little time today to work on the Manx. Got the rebuilt tank installed. Also worked on the wiring a bit inside the house. Not ready to go on the car yet but getting close. Did get my period Bosch 6v battery in though!

matthewl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: June '68 Manx Period Restoration Reply with quote

So what motor is going on it? Did you get enough parts to build a manx power copy?
Roscoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: June '68 Manx Period Restoration Reply with quote

Wow.. looking fantastic Caleb👍🏼
Didn’t realize those Bosch 6volts existed. Nice touch!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: