Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Heat / Vent control cable
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUSBOSS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject: Heat / Vent control cable Reply with quote

Can you help me with where this cable should connect? It ends right behind the kick panel and is currently not connected to anything. Does it connect right at that junction at the vertical center tube? If so, how?

Thanks!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

(sold - but not forgotten)
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Heat / Vent control cable Reply with quote

From the gallery:

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
BUSBOSS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Heat / Vent control cable Reply with quote

(sold - but not forgotten)
kokanee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Heat / Vent control cable Reply with quote

Anyone know where to buy that cable mine is missing on my bus

Thanks
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Heat / Vent control cable Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
From the gallery:

does that go on the top or bottom (front or back side in photo angle)? From the shadow mark in the paint, it looks like it is on the wrong side.

example from EZ GRUV

EZ Gruv wrote:
Do these help?

airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Heat / Vent control cable Reply with quote

I've installed them both ways, depending on how much the tab/kick panel/arm was bent. Wink Most buses I disassemble have the cable below the bracket.

BusDepot sells the late bay defrost cable, but it does not come with the proper slit for walkthrough heat adjustment.

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Heat / Vent control cable Reply with quote

Robbie - how good are you at adjusting the late system including the near impossible one to reach under the walk thru so it functions perfectly? Colin did a write up on it once.
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Heat / Vent control cable Reply with quote

I’ve messed with maybe a dozen, and when we have the time and resources to really do them well they work about as well as designed. I don’t love the layout; I think a combo of the early and late systems would be best. Maybe I’ll do that on Buddy one day: early dual-zone cooling flaps, but a defrost cable that would allow me to keep the throttle floored while switching to defrost Laughing

Anyone got a late heater tree and lever assembly for sale? Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: