Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Just brought home a Vopard Vokaro
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlyle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Just brought home a Vopard Vokaro Reply with quote

Letterman7 wrote:
Oh, it'll fit with the stock T4 fan shroud since there isn't any bodywork to interfere. But yeah, dual carbs will wake that motor up. The motor will also add an additional 75 pounds or so to the rear, so a reinforcement of the transaxle (a Kafer bar) would be prudent.

Have you seen a type 4 in a Vokaro where they didn't have to open up the back? I want to maintain the original engine door and don't want to cut up the fiberglass. The Vokaro manual does say you can use a type 4 motor but it doesn't go in to specifics.

Decisions...decisions....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DeathBySnuSnu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Just brought home a Vopard Vokaro Reply with quote

I know I have not seen one with a type 4 fan

I have seen type 3 fan and it did not fit under the lid.

Most folks do not have the lid at all.
Some just had a short flat flap.
Mine just had a flap not ever attached.

The upright fan conversion makes it fit in a stock type 1 engine bay so then it should fit the kit.
But you are looking at more money and time.
If your type 1 engine is in good enough condition you may want to get it together and enjoy it some.

It might not be your thing and lose interest.
Or
You might love it and want to do the upgrade.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dlyle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Just brought home a Vopard Vokaro Reply with quote

I might have to sell the Vokaro. A new project is coming and I need to make room. PM me if interested.

Doug
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Just brought home a Vopard Vokaro Reply with quote

Your too far away! Lol
There’s a virgin body for sale here on the samba.
And a nice roller was just on here also for $650.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: