Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Emailing issue on the site today
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject: Emailing issue on the site today Reply with quote

There was an issue with sending emails to ads today and the site.
The site was timing out and not able to send out email to sellers from buyers.
Most or all people got a Cloudflare "524" timeout error page

This problem has been resolved as of around 1 hour ago.

The emails that were being sent were stored on the site even though the emails did not go out.
Because of this, I was able to do a "resend" on all ad inquiries so all sellers who should have gotten emails will still get all buyers emails from today.

This also caused:
1. Duplicate ads - Some duplicate ads were placed as the email "alerts" that get sent out after an ad is placed were failing, causing many new ads to appear to time out.
The ad was actually placed on the site though.
Any duplicates are the fault of the web site and not any seller who may have accidentally placed a duplicate ad.
2. Classifieds reports - Ads could not be reported as they use the same email system to notify me of issues reported by members

Sorry for any inconvenience or confusion this caused.

Thanks to all the people who emailed me to let me know something was wrong
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
83_87wf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Emailing issue on the site today Reply with quote

Emailing to ads appears broken
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Emailing issue on the site today Reply with quote

I can see you emailed 3 people today and everything looks ok.

If you didn't get your copy yet, there may be some delay by your email host for some reason.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Emailing issue on the site today Reply with quote

I have one ad that people keep emailing me about, I reply, then later they reply again acting like they never got my first reply.

I'm now up to three replies to this person who I can tell obviously isn't getting my messages as they seem to be getting more impatient each time that I haven't replied to them.

Strange email is working for other ads, but not this particular one...
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Emailing issue on the site today Reply with quote

Once you email them back that's from your email straight to their email so it's outside the site and cannot be a web site issue.

Maybe their reply email doesn't work or is blocking it?
Or it's in their Spam folder and they are not seeing your replies?

Try sending them an email directly without the "ad info" text you got from the site, in case there's something in there that their email is blocking things.

Or add a little note in the ad that you are replying but their email is not working.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: