Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2.1 to 2.2 WBX rebuild with Marco Mansi High Performance Heads.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
livethevanlife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.1 to 2.2 WBX rebuild with Marco Mansi High Performance Heads. Reply with quote

Any updates on the heads?
1991 Syncro Triple Knob Westfalia "Miki" 2.2WBX
1992 Syncro Triple Knob Tintop "Schnitzel" 1.9AAZ
1990 Syncro Rear Locker Doka Subi 2.2
1974 VW Thing 1835cc
1989 VW Carat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
livethevanlife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.1 to 2.2 WBX rebuild with Marco Mansi High Performance Heads. Reply with quote

Any updates on the heads? Performance gains? Thanks
1991 Syncro Triple Knob Westfalia "Miki" 2.2WBX
1992 Syncro Triple Knob Tintop "Schnitzel" 1.9AAZ
1990 Syncro Rear Locker Doka Subi 2.2
1974 VW Thing 1835cc
1989 VW Carat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zx11pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.1 to 2.2 WBX rebuild with Marco Mansi High Performance Heads. Reply with quote

Bump! Just reviving this thread. I'm curious too how the 'new' engine is doing after it's rebuild and Mansi upgrades!
zx11pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.1 to 2.2 WBX rebuild with Marco Mansi High Performance Heads. Reply with quote

Bump! Just reviving this thread. I'm curious too how the 'new' engine is doing after it's rebuild and Mansi upgrades!
zx11pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.1 to 2.2 WBX rebuild with Marco Mansi High Performance Heads. Reply with quote

felixbobcat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: 2.1 to 2.2 WBX rebuild with Marco Mansi High Performance Heads. Reply with quote

It's doing quite well. Good performance upgrade, not drastic but more power. I have yet to get another dyno-test to see how much it has improved however. One main improvement is his oil pump which does not leak! I've got the transmission out right now and will have a newer one in by the end of the week hopefully. Old automatic trans was having trouble going in reverse and shifting when cold. The only other problem was intermittent cutting out of the ignition which I finally traced to a bad ECU wiring harness. That will be replaced as well during this trans swap.

Once all this is done I will get another Dyno. It's only been what, a year?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
felixbobcat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: 2.1 to 2.2 WBX rebuild with Marco Mansi High Performance Heads. Reply with quote

It's doing quite well. Good performance upgrade, not drastic but more power. I have yet to get another dyno-test to see how much it has improved however. One main improvement is his oil pump which does not leak! I've got the transmission out right now and will have a newer one in by the end of the week hopefully. Old automatic trans was having trouble going in reverse and shifting when cold. The only other problem was intermittent cutting out of the ignition which I finally traced to a bad ECU wiring harness. That will be replaced as well during this trans swap.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
felixbobcat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: 2.1 to 2.2 WBX rebuild with Marco Mansi High Performance Heads. Reply with quote

zx11pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.1 to 2.2 WBX rebuild with Marco Mansi High Performance Heads. Reply with quote

Bump! Came across this thread and I think there's more to add to the story Smile I'm hoping by now the heads and engine/tranny are back and all is running well. So, how are those heads working out now? Still happy with the investment?
zx11pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.1 to 2.2 WBX rebuild with Marco Mansi High Performance Heads. Reply with quote

Bump! Came across this thread and I think there's more to add to the story Smile I'm hoping by now the heads and engine/tranny are back and all is running well. So, how are those heads working out now? Still happy with the investment?
zx11pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.1 to 2.2 WBX rebuild with Marco Mansi High Performance Heads. Reply with quote

zx11pilot
Samba Member

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: