Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Porsche 911 pulley ratio calculation
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ottobevis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:16 am    Post subject: Porsche 911 pulley ratio calculation Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm trying to understand how the commonly quoted ratios for 911 pulleys are calculated. I searched but could not find an explanation.

For example, 1965-74/75 use a 110mm crank pulley and 95mm alternator pulley. The ratio usually quoted for this is 1.3:1. When I calculate it (1/95*110) I get 1.16:1.

1980-89 uses a 120mm crank pulley and a 83mm alternator pulley. The ratio quoted is 1.67:1. The ratio I get is 1.45:1.

I'm assuming the measurements above are outside diameters. Is the difference due to using inside diameter measurements or using an average for the alternator diameter because of the spacers?

Otto
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 911 pulley ratio calculation Reply with quote

You use the middle diameters of the pulleys, calculate outer diameters then calculate inner diameters add the two together then divide by 2 and you will get their numbers.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 911 pulley ratio calculation Reply with quote

Please use your original topic: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=751300&highlight=

If you want it moved, PM me and i'll move it.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: