Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Valve seat resource
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject: Valve seat resource Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can source 33mm and 30mm valve seats ..ive emailed Wolfsburg west if they sold replacements for their ww/okrasa heads and they said nope ..like why do they sell parts but no replacement parts for their parts crazy anyways ..who has these valve seat sizes in stock ....
sgmalt46
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Valve seat resource Reply with quote

maybe contact autolinea ? they make them for Wolfsburg west. interesting w/w could not tell you where to find them? Confused Joe(mr.okrasa)Ruiz should know.

Steve
66 beetle
71 square back (sold) ! good luck with it Henry!
46 beetle 552nd royal army service corps CCG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Valve seat resource Reply with quote

Yeah I thought that was weird to about ww because they sell the okrasa 33/30 valves and springs retainers and locks but no valve seats lol you would think they would carry them but nope and like most places they don't wanna get them from their supplier who build their heads for them which again is weird since their buying all the other valve train parts for their head crazy ....
Robert Chambers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Valve seat resource Reply with quote

I had the same problem last year. So, I found 32 mm seats. I talked to the machinist doing the work about the problem. He said because it was intake not exhaust it may work. As the valve will sit lower in the head it won't be affected as much because cold air and fuel are passing by it, not hot as an exhaust valve. I was concerned about the valve stem height. So I put a straight edge across the tops. It didn't make enough difference to be worried about. I have not put my engine together yet but I can post pictures if needed/wanted.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Stock 36 HP head the on left. 36 HP Head with Okrasa intake valves on the right. As I could not find 33 mm intake seats, 32 mm seats were used.
'63 OG 117

Last edited by Robert Chambers on Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:41 am; edited 3 times in total
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Valve seat resource Reply with quote

Robert Chambers wrote:
I had the same problem last year. So, I found 32 mm seats. I talked to the machinist doing the work about the problem. He said because it was intake not exhaust it may work. As the valve will sit lower in the head it won't be affected as much because cold air and fuel are passing by it, not hot as an exhaust valve. I was concerned about the valve stem height. So I put a straight edge across the tops. It didn't make enough difference to be worried about. I have not put my engine together yet but I can post pictures if needed/wanted.

Yes..post some pictures when you can ..it will help others if they come to this situation ...
earthquake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Valve seat resource Reply with quote

Goodson has some universal seat that may work or they may know where to get them...

https://goodson.com/collections/valve-seats/products/universal-repair-valve-seat-inserts-kpmi

eQ
05 SCION XB SERIES RELEASE 2[#437]
95 Chevy C3500 dually
98 Ford E150
Link to Kelly J. Nolte 3/20/53 - 11/6/08
https://time-zonelabs.blogspot.com/p/about-kelly.html
DEATH TO CHINGERS!
[From a military recruitment poster in the novel "The Stainless Steel Rat" By Harry Harrison]
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Valve seat resource Reply with quote

Are these for Okrasa heads, or are you putting Okrasa size valves in stock heads?
I was told by someone who is no longer around, that you could usually install Okrasa intakes on stock seats. He said you had to port the ID larger, and that there was just enough meat left to cut the valve seat. Not sure what the repercussions of doing it this way is, or if you can do the exhaust the same way..
SD
FritzCP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Valve seat resource Reply with quote

I bought custom valve seats from US Seal for my custom sized stainless Stainless valves on my Single port heads and had them installed at a local machine shop. cheap at couple bucks a piece, but the cost to install them was quite a bit.

https://ussealparts.com/cylinder-head-parts/valve-seats.html
Fritz 70 - 6306 Bearing Puller
Fritz 44 - Dizzy Puller
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: