Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bruce Meyers Passes at 94
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

https://www.autoweek.com/news/people/a35567136/bruce-meyers-obit/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

I am very happy of the time I have gotten to spend with him. We spoke a lot about design, racing, life in Baja.

One of the cool ones.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

Sad day for the hobby. I don't have a Myers body but our great hobby would not be possible without his interventions. Truly a great pioneer.

RIP and Godspeed.
Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

Sad, bad day. We all knew this would happen someday, and no matter when it happened, it would be too soon. Tom Iacoboni
Manxter #16, 1968 Meyers Manx & Kick-Out SS #16 (WIP)
Manx Club & CVA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dan the workingstiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

He's made his mark on many parts of the world.
'76 IH 1200
'75 IH 1200
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

First time I really got to talk with him was in 2013. We talked for about 30 minutes, and in the conversation, he signed about 5 different items for people. He then looked at me and said, "Did you know I invented the truck bed liner?" "I made the first mold for the bed liner to be sprayed in, but lost that business too" "I sure hope no one starts a Bed Liner Club and wants me to attend those too." He had a fun laugh, and did not take himself seriously.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
kitb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

RIP Bruce
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

RIP Bruce. Thank you for more smiles per mile!
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

You would have to think hard to find someone who has brought more smiles and fun to the automotive hobbyist! There may be a match but I am not aware of who it would be.
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

Great guy. He will be missed!

Heinz Nordhoff
62kellison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

sad news...
jpfahrstar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

Very sad to hear that Bruce has passed. However, his legacy will live on forever. I'm so glad I had a chance to meet him in Washington, DC when Old Red was put on the National Historic Car Register. He was such a creative guy with so many cool ideas. Enjoy your next ride, Bruce!
Roscoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

What an amazing guy. Thank you Bruce Meyers for the fiberglass dune buggy and the whole dune buggy culture you started!!! We can’t thank you enough!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

I went for a ride in mine today. Thanks for the miles of smiles.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
dexter69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

Dang, Never got to meet him. True pioneer. R.I.P. BM
Manx102
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

Thank you Bruce for everything you have done to make this world a little brighter.
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

Really feeling for Winnie right now. Must be really tough.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fair-cooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

Sad Rest in peace Bruce. You were an icon and will long be remembered.

Seize the day...not the Engine...
westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

A lot of things and people personified the '60's, So Cal beach culture during that period.
Some stood the test of time and carried it on into the '90's.
You could probably count on one hand the amount that rocked it into the new millennium and can count on
one finger the man who not only rode it that far, but kicked it into hyperdrive.

Thank you for the legacy you've bestowed to us,
but above all thank you for serving your country and sharing those old war stories with me.

Rest in peace, you old warrior.

Support our troops. Not all injuries are visible ones.

Last edited by westy on Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: