Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bruce Meyers Passes at 94
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kreelak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

calebmelvin wrote:
Really feeling for Winnie right now. Must be really tough.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

thanks for sharing I love this picture

sad day for sure
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

Q-Dog wrote:
I went for a ride in mine today. Thanks for the miles of smiles.
That was a suitable tribute, to go out on the road (or dunes) in your Manx. Feb. 19 2022 should be a target for the first annual Drive your Meyers vehicle, regardless if a Manx, Tow'd, Manxter, SR, etc.. That date unfortunately makes it uncomfortable for the enthusiasts in the cold areas of the country, but you don't have to drive far or fast...
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

Kreelak wrote:

thanks for sharing I love this picture

sad day for sure

It is one of my favorite of them. A very sweet, candid moment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wbbbbbbb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

R.I.P. Bruce, thank you for your military service and sacrifice.
Our hearts go out to Winnie, your family, and millions of friends.
Thank you for you innovation and contributions to our sport, hobby and joy you brought to those who know you.
You will be missed but never forgotten.

Danke
wbbbbbbb
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

In coordination with Carlisle Events, the Manx Club is planning a remembrance at this years Import & Performance event May 14th & 15th. Any buggy brand is invited to attend. More details to follow. Tom

Manxter #16, 1968 Meyers Manx & Kick-Out SS #16 (WIP)
Manx Club & CVA
Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

Plans are progressing for this event. Winnie Meyers is planning on attending. There will be a remembrance and a dinner at the fairgrounds on Friday with a cruise in the PA countryside on Saturday. We will be given space in one of the building to display some Dune Buggies. More details to follow.
Manx Club & CVA

Last edited by Tom_Kathleen on Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

As I said earlier, plans are progressing for this event. See attached flyer for more preliminary details.

Manx Club & CVA
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Bruce Meyers Passes at 94 Reply with quote

I should arrive mid evening Thursday with the Rippon Brewery Beer.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: