Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

M Code Surprise
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jAndrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:05 pm    Post subject: M Code Surprise Reply with quote

Or maybe not. The original green paint show in the engine compartment. The plate under the seat shows it was indeed green with a brown leatherette interior and brown dash.

The 89 Doka was at some point painted an ugly maroon color. The interior is well worn grey, which I thought was odd with the original green. Just sort of chalked it up to funky VW design. The black dash has the control for the rear heat and that was another clue it wasn't original.

So someone at some point swapped the entire interior for some unknown reason and it appears from the wear it wasn't done recently either.

It also has the truck mirrors but the door panel has controls for an electric mirror.

I don't see many photos of the brown leatherette seats and wanted to ask if anyone has any photos of what that looks like.

At least it still has the DJ engine.
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: M Code Surprise Reply with quote

Probably not your situation but back in the 1970’s, to make a sale at the Mercedes dealer I worked for, we would swap interiors.
Park two of the same model side by side, two mechanics and presto changeO a sale is made!

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
11BC2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: M Code Surprise Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
Probably not your situation but back in the 1970’s, to make a sale at the Mercedes dealer I worked for, we would swap interiors.
Park two of the same model side by side, two mechanics and presto changeO a sale is made!

Dave

That's amazing! My old boss PPI'd mid 80's Saab 900s, and on more than one occasion, the two front seats were different colors...from Trollhatten!
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: M Code Surprise Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:

A buddy of mine bought a Toyota Camry like that. His bride insisted on the interior like they'd had on their previous Toyota so the dealer swapped one out for him.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: