Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Supercharged VW
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mighty8ies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Supercharged VW Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm looking for a special combo vehicle to probably buy when I get the chance!
I would like to find a supercharged VW Dragster like the one in the picture or in the youtube video! Something like that is what I'm looking for! I also would like to know if any one knows who owns that "Eight rage" funnycar. I would be happy to find the owners of the PBS dragster and that funnycar to see what conditions they are in today and if something is for sale! How ever, it would be very fun to read if someone knows any history about theese cars!

Thanx /Jocke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkmB3su_Hq0
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

yamaducci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Supercharged VW Reply with quote

A little looking and digging on Google found a couple. Laurie Craig owns(ed) the red one. Pat Tafta owns(ed) the black dragster, the orange and red bug is racing out of Santa Pod UK.
Yoo can track them down or you can just build one yourself or have a shop do it. Fischer buggies in Florida and Paradise Motorsports formerly VW Paradise both have and build Funny Car VW's.

Now I see you are from Sweden. There are lots of fast guys over there to build you a dream car.
My 2498 Turbo Re-Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5578697#5578697

3rd Brake Light Safety Stars- I still have a couple with blue light left. Email me if interested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UK Luke 72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Supercharged VW Reply with quote

If you want a fast car building I know a couple of names that can help you out in the UK...
Failing that Alstrup will likely know where to find what you're after on the mainland Smile
Pro-Jective
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Supercharged VW Reply with quote

For anyone else that comes across this post, Pat still has the Dragster minus engine. We still have the 4-71 too. The car is for sale, though it's not posted anywhere. The engine in the pic was a 302ci flat 4 with custom everything. He did make a 400ci as well, both sold to a racer out of Puerto Rico I think. PBS racing is long gone, but he still runs a machine shop here in Donalds, SC. I'm working out of his old VW shop and bringing back some of the aircooled stuff he was working on 20+ years ago. The dragster is in the background of the motorcycle pic.....I sell things for Pat, reason the bike pic was taken.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: