Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

nose replacement question/ help
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
widehatch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject: nose replacement question/ help Reply with quote

Im in the middle of replacing my nose on my bus. Ive got a Wolfsburg West lower windshield frame and a Klassic Fab nose. I already had the windshield frame since i wasnt originally planning on a full nose replacement. i was going to buy the WW nose but the $ 275 shipping scared me away when KF had their noses on sale and was offering free shipping. so here we are. ive replaced panels before and i know there's always adjustments to be made but this is my first nose replacement. i've got both panels bolted together through the wiper shaft holes and the rest of the panels are way off while some areas are ok but need work. is this normal? I feel like i made a mistake for not paying the extra money and getting both panels from WW.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

you can see the gap in the panels under the lower windshield frame.

the pencil line is how far the WW panel goes onto the KF nose. this really is an easy trim and fix

ive never done a nose before but this looks like it should line up a little better or is this normal?

i was only planning on replacing the lower nose section but after looking at the horrible repair job from the past i decided to do the whole nose. should I bite the bullet and buy a WW nose, install the lower KF nose panel I also have and patch the ugly repairs or is there a way to mate up the KF nose and the WW windshield frame panel? Does anyone have experience mating these to panels from these two companies together?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: