Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

‘64 Baja convertible project
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hnoroian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject: ‘64 Baja convertible project Reply with quote

Hope everyone is safe and happy! This build up will be a long one but somewhere else to keep tabs and somewhere my son can look back on to see. This joined the family in July 2020, I bought from another member here. I thank him again for his Coast Guard service, he seemed like a good guy the 15 min we met. It is registered as a ‘64. It was a standard sedan that a PO had cut the roof off and did a good job rounding out the edges, not sure when though. I would love to find the history of where this one has been. The last two PO’s lived in So Cal.

A list of known things
Newer rebuilt engine (1915 by the last PO)
Rebuilt trans solid mount F/R mount
Discs F/R
3” body lift
New rear tires, newer front
Original hurst shifter
New wiring, everything has it own circuit (awesome!)
LED’s all around
Pretty solid all around

Please ignore the dust
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

There are a few things that will be changed and adjusted but has been a blast the last few months. It plans on being with the family for a very long time.
Needing to finish the carb setup, went from dual 40IDF to single 44IDF. Might go back to the dials some time but it wasn’t working for me and like the simplicity of the single. Marine audio is a got to have. A proper simple roll bar and cage. Dual master cylinder brakes and single lines to the F/R (best friends own a hydraulic hose company, always try to support local!) More to come and more that I am forgetting . Best wishes! Very Happy

Oh yea, it was green at some point too.

Last edited by Hnoroian on Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘64 Baja project Reply with quote

Sweet bug! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hnoroian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘64 Baja project Reply with quote

Bock wrote:
Sweet bug! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Thanks! It’s a driver right now, no real concerns but definitely some things needing to be fixed or adjusted to my liking. I’ll actually be finishing up the carb issues this weekend and get her back on the road again, so I will be super happy. Not many plans other than what’s said earlier but a cage to mount a rack to will be the first if nothing else breaks or fails beforehand.
Hnoroian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘64 Baja convertible project Reply with quote

Messing around on my lunch break at school. A rough planned roll cage design.

Hnoroian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘64 Baja convertible project Reply with quote

It’s been a while so far but Just as an update and a sad one at that too. The Baja had been sold to a lucky guy not far from us a few months ago. With the purchase of a new house and smaller yard etc it had to go. Hopefully the guy remembers where I am if he ever wants to sell it again. It’s gone but not forgotten.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: