Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohio Tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

I used one of these 69.5mm cranks on a customers 1915 build. (1928cc now). Worked out well. Ended up with .050" deck and compression ratio right where we wanted it. Real simple upgrade.
NachoCar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

Lingwendil wrote:
They'll be fine on a 1600ish engine. Just jet them right and set the linkage up properly.

THANKS!!

read a fellow had luck with 28mm venturies, 110 main jet, 50 idle jet.
SO that's where I'll start!
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

They'll be fine on a 1600ish engine. Just jet them right and set the linkage up properly.

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NachoCar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

Naw HPMX 40's......just weighing options of increasing while rebuilding or waiting till find second case and going larger then.

No biggie, just thinking out load.

Thanks
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

NachoCar wrote:
My goofy predicament is that I found a 'Deal" on a set of dual carbs that are a little too big for my current displacement. I'm wondering if the mini-stroker and 88 mm cylinders would help me when combined with smaller jetting?

edit: so when used with 87 mm slip-ins we are looking at 1694, I reckon. Hhhhmmmm

Thanks

what, like a cheap set of 44IDF clones? Define "too big" or we're groping in the dark Wink

20 thou of stroke wont appreciably increase the displacement enough to really make a difference. Carbs being too big means you need to work up the RPM band you want to focus on, vent the carbs down a bit, or trade carbs with someone going bigger.

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

so what crabs? what current displacement? I would rather over carb and engine than under carb it....also I woodent waste $$ on a .020 stroke crank when a 10+ mm stroke will cost about the same and worth what ever extras you may require.
NachoCar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

My goofy predicament is that I found a 'Deal" on a set of dual carbs that are a little too big for my current displacement. I'm wondering if the mini-stroker and 88 mm cylinders would help me when combined with smaller jetting?

edit: so when used with 87 mm slip-ins we are looking at 1694, I reckon. Hhhhmmmm

Thanks
jimmyhoffa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

It would change not much, except the 69.5mm one I got was twice as far out of balance as an untouched random OE VW crank. My 78.4mm a few months previous was just as bad. In the future if I can't justify counterweight for the application, I can't imagine buying one of these over finding a good stock crank and having it balanced.
1974 Chenowth 2RL #1244 Street Legal
My other car isn't ridiculous.
NachoCar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

What he /\/\ said !!??
SparksLP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

Reviving an old thread: Anyone end up using this crank, any feedback? Also, If you put this in an otherwise stock 1600DP, what would change? HP? Torque? Basically nothing? Long term I plan on building a performance 1600 motor for a vintage class type setup, and it would keep the displacement below 1600cc! Let me know if you guys have any feedback!
Paul.H
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

Virtue signals received loud and clear. I was wondering if anyone would take that bait Laughing
I guess a game of Ping Pong is out of the question
maplesyrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
why not just say Chinese crank? Fuck outta here with that

Agreed.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

Paul.H wrote:
All those "Ting Tong" forged cranks will take 35psi boost and nitrous . The 69mm obviously is the strongest even in the 4140 alloy would probably take 45psi and the lack of nitriding is a good thing in such an application.

why not just say Chinese crank? Fuck outta here with that
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ohio Tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

Paul.H wrote:
Ohio Tom wrote:
Paul.H wrote:
All those "Ting Tong" forged cranks will take 35psi boost and nitrous . The 69mm obviously is the strongest even in the 4140 alloy would probably take 45psi and the lack of nitriding is a good thing in such an application.

Why is lack of nitriding good?

It's just a surface hardening treatment.

The cracks start in the crispy hard nitriding then travel through

Crispy Ting Tong....
Got it...
Paul.H
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

Ohio Tom wrote:
Paul.H wrote:

The cracks start in the crispy hard nitriding then travel through
Ohio Tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

Paul.H wrote:

NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

Now I have to memorize a whole new crank/cylinder displacement group. Lol
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage

Last edited by NJ John on Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ohio Tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

I just built a motor with one.
Works well.
Easy mini stroker.

1928cc motor.

Why not....
Paul.H
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

veedubcrazy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: CB Performance 69.5MM Stroker crank Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
They will work great in any stock 1500/1600 engine. The extra .5mm stroke is to get you to the max engine size limit in those 1600cc limited classes.

There will be 200 new threads about those awesome 1653cc engines.

Classic answering! Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: