Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Passenger grab handle holes
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpbmx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject: Passenger grab handle holes Reply with quote

hi everyone! the dash on my 67 had the grab handle holes filled unfortunely and i am wanting to drill the holes back out so i can put a handle back in. can anyone take pictures of the holes for me or get measurements etc? I want to get them as close to the stock location as I can but i cannot find too much information on where exactly they go. thanks!
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: passanger grab handle holes Reply with quote

Did you look inside the trunk? If they were filled in I bet you can see where they were.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Passenger grab handle holes Reply with quote

I don't have a 67. But I do remember I took an image of the handle in my 61. Is the placement is the same? Not sure, because the windshield got larger starting 1965. I did not intend to locate this against anything, but you can see the edge of the defroster opening to the right. (the grab handle pictured is from 1966, the body is 1961)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

IMAGE NOTE: It has been noted that Chrome based browsers may have issues in displaying my vast image library, which use non-secure links and are on an FTP server. Images should still be viewable if the link is clicked though.
I do not know how to fix this. All I can say is it all works fine for me with what I use, Firefox.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
viiking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Passenger grab handle holes Reply with quote

I also don’t have a 67 but I have a Euro RHD 68 which came with a metal dash.

In absence of any definitive answers I took a couple of photos which might help you. I would strongly believe that the RHD is an exact mirror image of a LHD as German engineers would make it so from their attention to detail.

The outside part of the handle lines up with the windscreen vent on the “hump” of the dash.

Let me know if you want me to take some measurements for you. Hopefully someone with a LHD chimes in to confirm.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: