Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Ghia Part Numbers
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
flobar00
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:03 am    Post subject: Official Ghia Part Numbers Reply with quote

Is there a consolidated digital (or hardcopy) manual that lists the official part numbers for Ghia parts? I know that some of the sites use the VW part numbers, but they don't seem to have all of the part numbers listed only the ones that they carry. Thanks in advance for your response.
Ron
NoDents
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Official Ghia Part Numbers Reply with quote

There are several parts manuals in the Technical section.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/ghia.php

Have a look at the bottom of the page.

1963 Bug - Sold in 1980
1966 Karmann Ghia Convertible - Stolen in 1988
1971 Karmann Ghia Convertible, resto/mod COMPLETED 10/2020
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Ghia Part Numbers Reply with quote

Keep in mind that there are parts common to VWs in general. Most of the running gear in a Ghia is shared with Beetle and will have Type 1 part numbers. Other parts will have Type 2 or Type 3 part numbers. I found out that the steering column insulating washers for my Ghia are still used in the Golfs of today under the same (Type 1) part number.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
flobar00
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official Ghia Part Numbers Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the info. You pointed me to the gold mine!! It appears that the scan was done to allow for searching. Wow!!!

You made my day.
NoDents
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official Ghia Part Numbers Reply with quote

You're welcome.

Took many hours to complete but I must also give thanks to IPC (Import Parts Connection) for loaning me the manual to begin with.

1963 Bug - Sold in 1980
1966 Karmann Ghia Convertible - Stolen in 1988
1971 Karmann Ghia Convertible, resto/mod COMPLETED 10/2020
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: