Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bostig Zetec low oil pressure light on at hot idle
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Bostig Zetec low oil pressure light on at hot idle Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
...honestly, not putting a gauge on this before you dig in is foolish. i would want to know before and after results before i dug into something

I think this on every oil pressure thread. That reminds me, I need to add an oil pressure gauge...
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
vanagonjon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Bostig Zetec low oil pressure light on at hot idle Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions, I will be pulling the pan on Thursday. I have done all the work on the engine myself and have been very careful with sealants.
vanagonjon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Bostig Zetec low oil pressure light on at hot idle Reply with quote

I pulled of the 'inspection' plate and found that the oil pickup tube connection at the pump had both bolts missing. I found them with a magnet at the front end. Easy fix, thanks for the support.

John
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Bostig Zetec low oil pressure light on at hot idle Reply with quote

That's really good news. I don't recall the assembly instructions but it seems that some loctite (red or blue, probably red) would be helpful there.

I'm still in favor of checking it with an OP gauge. Wink

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
JudoJeff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Bostig Zetec low oil pressure light on at hot idle Reply with quote

Good for you John! Helpful to all Bostig owners!
1986 Vanagon GL Westfalia Camper, Bostig Sold May 10, 2021
1999 Ford GTRV Westfalia camper (30% bigger Westy layout)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vanagonjon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Bostig Zetec low oil pressure light on at hot idle Reply with quote

I didn't see any loctite on the threads of the bolts I fished from the pan, I put it back together with blue loctite and a lock washer with new bolts. I have my self to blame.

John
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Bostig Zetec low oil pressure light on at hot idle Reply with quote

Good news on the fix. Thanks for posting here on the Samba instead of fakebook! Not everyone is willing to give away personal info to a corporation for their profit.
It's unfortunate that most of the Bostig info has moved to that site.

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
vanagonjon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Bostig Zetec low oil pressure light on at hot idle Reply with quote

I didn't even use the Samba for a long time, I was good friends with Bob Donalds for those that knew him. He was always telling me, you gotta get on the Samba, everybody is on there! I used to be able to get everything I needed from him. The reason I have a Bostig now is that Bob passed. I got my first VW bus in '75, so I have 45+ years in these things.

John
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: