Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Car SOS show on Disney+
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mranker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject: Car SOS show on Disney+ Reply with quote

New to Disney+ is "Car SOS" a British car makeover show. In Season 2 episode 8 they do a 1971 dormmobile for a nice old grandpa. Check it out when you're done with Wandavision.
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Car SOS show on Disney+ Reply with quote

just watched it tonight.. good enough for me. Popcorn Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blippybay68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Car SOS show on Disney+ Reply with quote

My old 58 Beetle is in Season 1, it's the black one driven by Fuzz as the stock example. That was filmed almost 9 years ago!
NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Car SOS show on Disney+ Reply with quote

The CAR SOS episodes that were re-screened on British terrestrial television were quite old. There have also been multiple repeats of Wheeler Dealer, some of which were filmed in the USA. I often wonder about the long-term durability of some of these restorations, especially regarding the effective anti-corrosion treatment of hollow sections.

One thing that intrigued me was in an episode of Wheeler Dealers in which Mike Brewer bought a second-hand, 1978 VW 1600 Type 2 panel van, which appeared to have been retro-fitted with a SINGLE-PORT VW Type 1 style air-cooled engine on upon which Edd China made no comment! Rather than getting rid of the Ford Scorpio alloy wheels, I think I would have kept them in preference to the EMPI 5-spoke wheels with the too-low 20 mm offset.

Nigel A. Skeet

Independent tutor (semi-retired) of mathematics, physics, technology & engineering for secondary, tertiary, further & higher education.

Much modified, RHD 1973 VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental campervan, with the World's only decent, cross-over-arm, SWF pantograph rear-window wiper

Onetime member, plus former Technical Editor & Editor of Transporter Talk magazine
Volkswagen Type 2 Owners' Club (Great Britain)

http://www.vwt2oc.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Car SOS show on Disney+ Reply with quote

i watched it as well. along the middle it really felt like they were pumping for time. It could have been 1/3 to half as long and would have been more enjoyable. Wheeler Dealers really seem to have the formula down.
deepcflea
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Car SOS show on Disney+ Reply with quote

Just watched season 1 episode 2 where they redo a beetle for a poor dude that is losing his job along with his company car... I lost sympathy when his fiancé rolls up in a sweet looking bay camper.

Formerly owned VW's
1983 Westfalia
1956 Oval Ragtop
1967 Bug
1970 Ghia
1969 Buggy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Car SOS show on Disney+ Reply with quote

deepcflea wrote:
Just watched season 1 episode 2 where they redo a beetle for a poor dude that is losing his job along with his company car... I lost sympathy when his fiancé rolls up in a sweet looking bay camper.

Yeah, poor people shouldn't be allowed to own nice things, huh?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
deepcflea
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Car SOS show on Disney+ Reply with quote

airschooled wrote:
Yeah, poor people shouldn't be allowed to own nice things, huh?

Ha... I meant "poor" as in sad... but relax, the whole statement was more in jest. I'm just jealous I've never been on one of those surprise restoration shows. Crying or Very sad

Formerly owned VW's
1983 Westfalia
1956 Oval Ragtop
1967 Bug
1970 Ghia
1969 Buggy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Car SOS show on Disney+ Reply with quote

bought my bay because i love camping, but got too old for a tent. Wanted nothing more than a driving bed. Bought just before the bubble exploded on them. First time in my life i have had a car value go up on something i owned.
NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Car SOS show on Disney+ Reply with quote

alman72 wrote:
bought my bay because i love camping, but got too old for a tent. Wanted nothing more than a driving bed. Bought just before the bubble exploded on them. First time in my life i have had a car value go up on something i owned.

My father bought our 1973 model-year, VW 1600 Type 2 Westfalia Continental motor-caravan (a mere campervan has a lesser status with the British DVLA - Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency) for the princely sum of £1450 in January 1975; a vehicle I still have to this day.

I'm not sure when the "bubble" started to inflate, but asking prices for these second-hand vehicles (some in really shabby condition) are becoming ridiculous!

Nigel A. Skeet

Independent tutor (semi-retired) of mathematics, physics, technology & engineering for secondary, tertiary, further & higher education.

Much modified, RHD 1973 VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental campervan, with the World's only decent, cross-over-arm, SWF pantograph rear-window wiper

Onetime member, plus former Technical Editor & Editor of Transporter Talk magazine
Volkswagen Type 2 Owners' Club (Great Britain)

http://www.vwt2oc.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blippybay68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Car SOS show on Disney+ Reply with quote

deepcflea wrote:

The black 58 Fuzz was driving as the stock example was my car. We spent a day in Bruntingthorpe for filming.

All the shots of the drag bug wheel spinning etc were carefully edited as the car was running like a dog and my little 1200 58 was faster! 😆
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: